new car for pensioner!!

P

paddy

lads have to get a car for me dad hes 68 and wants something small but nippy that he can fit his golf clubs ,the auld wan and the dog in :icon_grin: got any suggestions of a make and would you,s buy new or used? any suggestions to steer me in right direction would be appreciated :thumbsup:

paddy

How about a Legacy estate? Or Outback, whatever they call it. Plenty of room, lovely and comfortable and as much power as needed.

Small engine wise or physically small? What sort of budget would he have?

My dad has a saloon ford focus, 1.6, 2006, he got for €10,000... He gets 640kms to a tank before he puts in under €50 every time...

Deco C is selling a classic Impreza wagon for €4k.

Plenty of room for the gold clubs and dag.
Does he have volume control in the auld hearing aid? Would be handy to regulate the Nur Spec.

up to about 12k he doesnt want big engine now just something decent and reliable

corolla diesel IMO.....
wouldnt buy fook all in this country new!!!
go up the north and get a real deal!!!!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

see this is why i use this forum ,would never of thought of going up north thought it would be a hassel, thanks marko :thumbsup:

cudnt see him in an impreza yogi man hes always moaning about the noise of mine :thumbsup:

Ah I was only messing.

You could pick up a fine Mercedes or BMW for that money though. Nice and prestigious, comfortable and safe.

For 12k you could get a lovely 2005 Honda Accord 2.2 CDTI with low mileage. They're a lovely car, very reliable and exceptionally quiet for a diesel. They would also look the part at the golf club and keep the mam happy too :thumbsup:
As the lads are all saying don't go near a new car as there are unbelievable bargains to be had on second hand cars at the mo. Dont be afraid to check out the main dealers as they are desperate to shift second hand stock at the moment and in a lot of cases are more realistic about the cars value than some private sellers who overvalue their cars for lots of reasons (eg not as desperate to sell the car due to reluctant sale or overvaluing the care they put into the car......).

Pre Jue 07 cars are taxed on engine size so bear this in mind. There is such a great selection to choose from you should find a cracker for 12k and if its from a dealer don't be afraid to ask for an extended warranty, new car mats, free first service etc. Basically its a buyers market. Happy hunting :smile:

Frawls

thanks lads for the advice top notch as usual and as ive come to expect from you,s. id give karma if i was able :clap:

paddy :thumbsup:

lads thanks for the suggestions he picked up 2006 nissan primvrea yesterday only 30000km on clock has bags of room spotless inside and out

happy days :thumbsup:

Back