Need help with a door swap

wrxstireland

Hi guys, new to the forum. Firstly i want to say hi. Its about time i joined the forum, i've been driving subaru since 2009. Started of in a 00 1.6 which i turned into an STI replica. Iv now moved up to a 2006 2.0RX only because im not old enough to get insured on a WRX.

Recently my girlfriend backed into my driver side of the car and damaged the drivers door beyond repair. I got a second hand door off ebay same colour code and all looks good. Only thing is its off a 2004 STI. The door came with everything intact, window, actuator, handle, lock barrel and all still wired up. I dont think my electric mirror loom will plug in direct but thats ok. I'll cross that bridge when i get there. Can someone tell me will the main power connector that connects under the dash to the door be a direct fit or will i need to swap the wiring looms. 2004 door into 2006. I know Subaru did make a few changes when they made the hawkeye like interior panels and exhausts.......

Please help a brother out :)

Cool, thanks. Any idea on the best way to remove the origonal door? Take the wing off or just leave the hinges bolted to the car and unscrew them from the door?

Back