Sunday Drivers
Hi guys old member here returning

i was offered a leggy its white 99 d 86394

engine was rebuilt no paperwork owner tell me its spot on
it has nct and currently driven as a daily
anyone know this car or car advise me good or bad

regards

daveb4

Engine rebuilt with no proof to me I would be classifying it the same as it had no rebuild done... and buying it accordingly... surely receipts of seals, bearings, all the other bits and pieces would at a minimum be available.

Would agree with Ken there...

Even if there were receipts I'd be wanting to see they were for that engine (engine # on paperwork vs engine in the car). If it was rebuilt with oem parts then even a bore scope etc wouldn't be able to confirm that.

Also, even if at one time it had a (re)built engine, which someone on here might recall for that reg... there's no guarantee it's still the same engine etc.

... so back to what Ken said... treat as if no rebuilt if no paperwork that matches fitted engine... and price accordingly.

Hi guys old member here returning

i was offered a leggy its white 99 d 86394

engine was rebuilt no paperwork owner tell me its spot on
it has nct and currently driven as a daily
anyone know this car or car advise me good or bad

regards

daveb4

Any pictures as they say it would speak a thousand words

hi

accordng to this o cant post pics i brought it for a spin 30 miles engine light came on press brakes a shutter in steering and terribel feeling when turning the steering like the pump was on its last legs

DAVEB4

accordng to this o cant post pics i brought it for a spin 30 miles engine light came on press brakes a shutter in steering and terribel feeling when turning the steering like the pump was on its last legs

DAVEB4

By the sounds of things it not the one to buy.
Common for p/s pump to give trouble though , might only need a flush and fresh fluid .
And the front discs and probably warped but could possibly be the rear also , Subaru?s are funny like that

Run like FCUK!!!!

The right car won?t pass you by... per say!

Take your time and pick the right one.

Don?t let the heart rule the head. Can end up being a massive money pit.

Could be sticking calipers on the shuddering . Engine light isn?t great and would want to read before buying to make sure it?s nothing serious.

How long ago was it rebuilt . Fresh rebuild would be easy spot . Fresh oil pump. Fresh water pump and new looking head gaskets . If any of them don?t look new walk away .

Cheers

Hi guys appreciate all yer help the car is from lucan co Dublin if any of you have access to the isdc Facebook page I posted on there yesterday as a visitors post
He said he would sort out those small wee jobs for me , he did say he would take the car back no probs but did say take a look at engine bay and see all the new gadgets inc steel head gasket ?
A fella called Bob Raul was mentioned but not sure if he carried out the work
I came out this morning to start her up and no check engine light
I must say the car is exceptionally clean inside & out
It drives well it boosts well just those few little bits
He told me to drive her today and report back to him I must say the man called Dean seems to be very genuine and not like a lot of people who would say go fook yerself
That's 1 of the major reasons I came back to Subaru because all you guys are brilliant when it comes to advise
I'm ( Dave Martin conlon ) on F/ B if anyone wants to have a gander at the car
Or go to isdc Facebook page I posted there
Il keep you all posted as my situation but the last owner is sticking by the car

Health & happiness to you & family's this festive season

Regards
DaveB4

I presume.you bought it so dave, congrats on the purchase, hopefully she will be good to you and needs nothing major, ,

Bob Rawl is a well known mapper,

Welcome back and best of luck with car????

Welcome back Dave

Best of luck with motor

Last cars and coffee of the year on in dec few heading to it if need details PM me[emoji106]

Lovley looking wagon [emoji106]
Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
a9ceca57304b33f6afbffecd1bf7bf36.jpg

Last edited:
hi

thankyou so much to everyone for their input it means a great deal to me i havent deal fully done yet but im talking to owner there isnt even a nct cert in glovebox
going by the picture can anyone tell me any history on it bad or good i do not mind
to be honest the owner is a sound fella but dealing with classics all my life a empty glovebox is a empty pocket

thankyou again people

regards

DAVE

I just think it?s far too easy to say it was rebuilt, if there is not a receipt from a builder then surely there will be a few receipts of rebuild parts floating around.

Is this guy your dealing with just selling the car? Was the rebuild done by him or some other owner...
CEL on, shuddering, ps issues doesn?t sound like a car that?s too well looked after, so wouldn?t be too reassuring with regards rebuild or standard it was done to if done at all..

Someone that thinks something of a car is not going to give you it for a trial either

Back