Nct emissions

jayo

ISDC Club Member
I had my legacy in for nct tonight and it failed on emissions .(gt peaders / big p's old car) it has 2.1 version 4 sti engine. Has cat in place (unsure of condition of it)

Any tips on how to get the emissions down?

It got a good spin down and was nice and hot.
3f5a243f2f079965867d4b4fa227d607.jpg
39ed7ee1fd27d1f9d2400d3720a25422.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I can't help you with advice but this question do pop up often enough. Did you try the forum search engine?

I can't help you with advice but this question do pop up often enough. Did you try the forum search engine?
Yeah I done a good bit of searching, but alot of them seem to have high idle issues only.

Some people get away with bung,diptane (drive off boost when it's in tank) just seeing if there is any other magic tricks before I go spending money unnecessarily

Car needs octane booster for hi boost,would octane booster help with emissions for test?

Car needs octane booster for hi boost,would octane booster help with emissions for test?

Nope... Octane booster wouldn't make a difference.

Seeing that both high/low emissions are off... but lambda ok... would say sensor ok and exhaust ok (no leak causing false reading)... so 99% sure it is the cat that is shot. Happened to my sports cat too... put the original cat on and passed with a huge margin.

Nope... Octane booster wouldn't make a difference.

Seeing that both high/low emissions are off... but lambda ok... would say sensor ok and exhaust ok (no leak causing false reading)... so 99% sure it is the cat that is shot. Happened to my sports cat too... put the original cat on and passed with a huge margin.
Cheers mate,I'll start there.appreciate it

Hi mate I had the same prob with my 03 jdm legacy it turned out to be a pcv valve (positive crank ventilation valve) after swapping cats and 02 sensors the lot

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Get in touch with Peadar. Are you sure cat is in place? Last time Peadar had it for NCT it failed for same issue and I offered him my cat to go through NCT.

Get in touch with Peadar. Are you sure cat is in place? Last time Peadar had it for NCT it failed for same issue and I offered him my cat to go through NCT.
Cat in place, peader and big p had same issues from searching forum hopefully get it sorted and get to few meets with it .cracking car to drive!should have bought a Subaru years ago

New cat sorted out the issue

Back