my first turbo impreza 2002

Hi lads

thank for all your comments

glad you like it

just a few questions

What brand and type of engine oil is best suited for sti's

Damo's next remapping day is booked out. is there anyone else that is recommended for remapping.

Is it safe to drive it as it is... filled up yesterday and put a full bottle of Lucas octane in.. didn't notice any difference in the car.

cheers
roadrage

[quote author=roadrage link=topic=3264.msg32188#msg32188 date=1187227103]
Hi lads

thank for all your comments

glad you like it

just a few questions

What brand and type of engine oil is best suited for sti's

Damo's next remapping day is booked out. is there anyone else that is recommended for remapping.

Is it safe to drive it as it is... filled up yesterday and put a full bottle of Lucas octane in.. didn't notice any difference in the car.

cheers
roadrage

[/quote]

Hi Roadrage

Id always recommended an ester based fully syn Oil like Motul or Millers CF ( think its called CF ) range. Motul is what I use. For a standard car id use 300v 10-40. Oil is something that everyone has there own opinoin on so thats just mine.

Next weeks Mapping is full but there is a place left on the Sept one which is about 5 - 6 weeks away.

The octane booster wont give you any extra performance or make any differance to the car unless its mapped for it, It will increase your safety factor but still way off from the 101-102 Ron petrol.

Damo

Hey roadrage as Renno said above,

If you can wait the 5 - 6 weeks do it's well worth it :D
But i would advise a half bottle to 1 full tank and simply drive the car nice and
handy no hard stuff, no high rev's .

A full bottle will eventually dirty your plug's and you'll have to replace your lamda sensor
from prolonged use.

So half bottle and nice and handy till re-map :thumbsup:

Niall.

Since you are going to be paying for a re-mapp anyway, You should consider doing everything you would want to get done (engine wise) before the re-mapp to get the most out of it!!!
I would at least get Good wide mouth De-cat or sports-cat down pipe and 3" system, also maybe a good quality induction system!
You cant do anything to a scooby with out mapping it!
Regarding half bottle per tank of octain booster allows mapper to get an extra 25 or so horsies safely and it's only 6euro per fill (bargin)
Best of luck with her! :thumbsup:
Dan

it would be advisable roadrage not to let her up over 3k revs.

i had my ecu fitted a couple of days before my map and as soon as she went on boost my check engine light came on.

Welcome to the Wagon Gang :) I too am looking at one of them at the moment but am slightly put off by the fact that it hasn't Brembos.

Hey mate can you PM me the model code you used for clearing this car? I've decided to buy the one I was after but the VRT is way over what you were quoted and mine is a 2001!!!

Hi lads,
Thanks for the advise on the oil and Lucas,
as for getting extra mods before re mapping, i wish i could but am a bit strapped after buying the car. and didn't look into the price of a re map before getting the car thought it was only a few hundred, or the price of insuring it as a 2nd car with a zero ncb. Might push for at least a induction system, has anyone got an idea how much one would cost. also does anyone know the paint code for the gold wheels i know it was on the old site but the search function seem to be gone.

also dose anyone know what make this front splitter http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc156/roadrage2005/TurboAndyAvatar.jpg

Darragh did you get the PM i sent you last wk about the model code i wasn't sure if i sent it properly them my PC crashed and have only just got it back running. if you didn't get it give us a call on 0879488394 MARK

cheers lads

Back