MONDELLO WHO RUNS IT grrrrrr

noeler2006

Middle Lane Hogs
well all, i was just down at mondello for the irish/british rally cross, came home early cause i found it all a bit boring compared to other years, but any way, back to my rant, for such a small country it has a massive input into motor sport, good race drivers, good bike riders, and even in the middle of a recession there is still alot of people puttin money into there TOYS!!! but when i was younger i remember going to btcc, british super bikes and on off events. But today when i was down there i saw the little card they have for OFFICAL events in 09
Feb 2 weekends in use only on a sunday
March 3 weekends in use only on a sunday
April 3 weekends only on a sunday
May 1 full weekend
June 1 friday and 3 sundays
July 1 sunday
Aug 2 weekends on a sunday
Sept 1 sat JAP FESTand a weekend
Oct 2 sundays
Nov 3 sundays
Dec 2 sundays

and most of the events are rally cross or car races???? which i dont really no wot it is.

so why isnt every weekend full of things for motor enthuasists to be doing apart from rally cross. there are enough car, bike clubs in this country, and the advertising is pretty much brutal unless you actually know somebody taking part, why is it that every thing in this country is only half heartedly run its just so frustrating, like here we are a group of people that like a single model car, can have monthly meets, make money for charity and have fun while doing it and nobody is makin a cent, and you go to our only racing circut and it sucks.

sorry if i insulted any one i dont intend for that.

thanks noel

There is 24 car events scheduled for the next 9 months which includes Rallycross, Time attack, Car Races ( includes Supercars, Fiat Uno/Abarths and Puntos, Historics etc...) Prodrift, Rallysprints, Leinster trophy etc... Then there is the bikes, which i have no idea whats running but you could be sure that there is at least 16 events for the next 9 months. So thats 40 events for the next 40 weeks. In between that there is private track days, Vip days, corporate events, club days, test days and so on and so on. To be honest i thought today was the most organised I have ever seen Mondello. It was snowing when I got there early this morning, and when one race finished the next cars were on the grid before the previous ones got to the end of the straight. Considering the conditions it was an excellent day and the Supercars were awesome as usual.

cool,

@ scruff thats good to hear sorry if thats sounds very sarcastic its not ment to, you obviously know more about all the motor sport than me, but i was just curious when i read the official card which i picked up in the bar and it seemed very bare, i was hoping to hear that they were as busy as i thought they should be.

noel

[quote author=noeler2006 link=topic=13433.msg166081#msg166081 date=1236541635]
cool,

@ scruff thats good to hear sorry if thats sounds very sarcastic its not ment to, you obviously know more about all the motor sport than me, but i was just curious when i read the official card which i picked up in the bar and it seemed very bare, i was hoping to hear that they were as busy as i thought they should be.

noel
[/quote]

No worries Noeler, the card did not really give anyone a good idea of what is going on, and to just put "Car Races" on the card was very vague, so I am not surprised that you thought it was a fairly empty season ahead.

I have a load of photos from today that i will post up later.

Cheers

Alan

Didn't see ya down there Alan, you not in the wagon today?

Have to agree, today went very smoothly considering the weather. Must have finished half an hour ahead of schedule. And considering I remember in previous years that the finals couldn't be run as they have to be finished racing by a preset time so as not to annoy the neighbours.

Noel the finals were excellent today, the heats are never gonna be the best entertainment, you should have come down later & stayed for the finals :thumbsup:

But I do agree that Mondello are pretty poor for advertising events...they could definitely try harder.

A few pics from today at Mondello. :icon_grin:

DSC_0869.JPG

DSC_0783.JPG

DSC_0885.JPG

DSC_0966.JPG

CSC_1077.JPG

DSC_1235.JPG

CSC_1286.JPG

[quote author=STi Brian link=topic=13433.msg166141#msg166141 date=1236546680]
Didn't see ya down there Alan, you not in the wagon today?
[/quote]

I was in The Forester today Brian, the STi Wagon may be going to a new home soon. :icon_sad:

Ah sh1te, we walked past the forester as you were parking, completely forgot you had that too. Lowered to the ground so she is :icon_pray:

[quote author=STi Brian link=topic=13433.msg166162#msg166162 date=1236547823]
Lowered to the ground so she is :icon_pray:
[/quote]

It works part time as a Limbo Dancer at the weekends :icon_biggrin:

@ Noeler, Advertising from mondello is shite! Log on to mondello.ie and sign up for there text alert system! they'll text you when anything is happening!

I'm luck enough to live within ear shot of mondello, and there was lots of action since friday morning till sunday evening this weekend and most others!

I didn't get down there today, So thanks for the pics Alan! :thumbsup:
Dan

didnt make it down myself , :angry1: some good photos there , lovin the 5th pic , i luv a bit of sideways cumin outta dunlop :icon_headbang: :icon_headbang:

Back