mondello today

azerp

Sunday Drivers
at mondello today great turnout by sxoc about thirty cars on track, i was the only impreza felt a bit left out ,couldnt go out had to leave to go back to work.
heres to sxoc great bunch of lads :clap:

A sound bunch of lads alright!
I was working in sallins today and I could hear them, It was killing me
Was there a honda on track??
Dan

how can they get enough people to do a track day and we cant :dontknow: :ponder2:

Emmm well it's obhvious lads even though we don't like to admit it
but those Nissans don't tend to barke down, can take some serious punishment
and with out been there at a sheer guess (so stand to be corrected) probably are cheapper
cars .

So if your Sccoby is standing at €20,000 (club average i reckon ????) , and your prob going to have to
replace tyres & brake pads after 2/3 trackdays (if you leave Dan drive that could be down to a morning session :lol: :lol:)
Plus oil changes etc..... and the possibility of someting going wrong .
It ends up been expensive ...............the Scooby is definitly one of the faster track cars you can buy but that comes at a cost.

Niall.

yeah there was an blue integra sir vtec couple lovely of s15s. dont know about being more reilable though every one i talked to had a problem here or there ,nice cars though

I suppose you are right there Niallyboy, :dontknow:
It so worth it :subaru:

I could hear a vteck, wheel spinning out of dunlop, up through the gears down the straight! and over rev dropping the gears coming to turn one!
All this from Sallins about three miles away!

Then I was a pic of the pits with the grean civic with the black bonnet, (Phily) it all made sence!

Dan

I hope to join the ranks of the track day boys soon duffman so you can add 1 more to the list... Just need to sort the car first and then i'll hopefully be out on a couple of open days, money allowing of course

you definatly have a great point niall scoobys do come at a cost but i wouldn swop a scooby
for the best nissan in the world because they are only pure jap scrap left overs of everything else
in japan me brother has a 2.6 twin turbo skyline an it has his heart broke

well my car is nearly finished and will be remapped in two weeks time, so after that im going to do a good few track days and drag racing

i would love to see a isdc track day and the committee have tried to organise one each year for the last 3 or 4 years to no avail due to lack of interest

we need 45 cars to have are own track day, which would consist of a half day, about 4 hours in the afternoon with an open pitlane so you can do as many laps as you want and is the best for the car as you can do 2-3 laps and then let the car cool off

you only have to push your car as much as you want and as lads that have been out on track in japfest will tell you, your car wont get out of shape unless you really push it on, and other lads that know the track and racing lines can jump in with the first time lads if they wish, to show them the ropes if there abit nevrous

it would cost 180 euro each with 45 cars which is around 8 grand and what mondello chrage
or if we got 60 cars it would work out at about 135 each

we could ask other clubs to go with us like the porshe, rs club or lotus club or even the evo club

with 300 hundred payed up members i would hope to get at least 30 lads to do it and ten 15 other lads from other clubs

have a few bits to sort first,(money money money) but id be up for gettin back out on the mondello tarmac, strung out since japfest , although i had 2-3 passenger laps to keep me wanting

start a "list" duffman :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back