Michelin PS5 or Cup 2?

Love that Turbo

ISDC Club Member
Going to order some summer tyres for the car and wondering if I should get the Cup2's.
Have used PS4 on my current daily and love them but wondering if Cup2 would be to grippy for the Classic.

Thoughts?

They’re a great tyre but wouldn’t be great with standing water , thread depth when new is not great so they won’t last as long as the ps.

It’s a tyre that has grip level of some of the very best track tyres without the harshness from stiff sidewalls and it’s quiet on the road aswell

Ps5 is the tyre to go for I have cup 2 on the S204 and ps5 on the spec c you never get near the limit of a ps5 on the road. Cup2 is really a track Tyre where heat is an issue .

Ps5 or goodyear supersports

+1 for MPS5 and Continental Sports Contact 7.

I have the MPS5 on the Subaru and the Vw Mk5 GTI. Subaru has been on track with it numerous times and it is great craic. Have yet to find their limits, even on track as other parts of the car reached critical before the tyres (oil temp - I should have had an oil cooler at this stage). The GTI is daily driven with 260 odd bhp and it's also good fun on the road. Not been on track with it yet. 2 very different car setups and in both cases really enjoy the MPS5, even more than MPS4 that was on both cars before this.

The Seat Leon Cupra ST 4drive has the Continental Sports Contact 7 only recently. It is a lot nicer than the MPS5 to drive as it gives a fair bit more feedback. Grip levels are the same on the road, can't tell on track yet. No downsides so far other than can be a bit more difficult to source in certain sizes.

With the subaru 4wd train, you can't go wrong with either as they are super close in performace. It's more about what you like your car to feel like with the tyres now as they are equally capable in the dry or wet.

Solid choice for the Subaru. Cup 2 imho is overkill unless you're tracking the car regularly and don't drive it in the rain etc. Even then for a track focused tyre, there are so many good options 👍

Back