Meet a decent Garda Last Night!

Paddy scooby

Middle Lane Hogs
Was driving home last night doing 50mph behind a lorry, came up to a climbing lane, I passed the lorry out but accelerated on a bit more than I should have had, than slowed down at the top of the climbing lane , and seen this car flying up behind me and the blue lights came on! :doh: Ya know the feeling Im sure!
We pulled in, garda came up to me, I gave him my licence, he looked at the disks, eveything was in order. All he said to me was there was :new_argue: 'no need to be going that quick' and said to consider this a caution! :icon_pidu: and told me to go ahead.
I was relieved to say the least! :dance: as I have a full clean licence and didnt want to tarnish it!

Just shows regardless of what some people may think, if you have manners, acknowledge you were at fault, if that was the case, and otherwise keep your mouth Shut. Its not so difficult to deal with the gardai. But I know its like everything in the world really theres alway a few bad apples in eveything too, but I find if you have manners when dealing with the gardai it will benifit you more than kickin up a fuss!

rgds
Paddy

totally agree paddy. anytime i was pulled over and asked for licence i always make a point of taking out of the plastic holder before just handing out the window and been very polite and courteous , gets you nowhere been smart and i have got away with some stuff and been given a warning because of it too.

I know I was lucky and could have went to town on me but didnt, but he was decent about it. But just keep it to a minium and @ jackswagon your absolutly right I have gotten through checkpoints in the past maybe with expired tax or something by just having manners and being honest and straight.
Just thought Id share the story is all folks!
But you know te feeling when the blues come on behind you! Stomoch sinking and all that! ha ha.

Total agree with ya, manners goes along way. Has got me out of a nice few corners and the way i look at it is they have a lob like us and you wouldnt like a lad shouting at you in your job :thumbsup:

Like any profession the are rotton apples in all. And we have all met them. As thats the stories you only hear most of the time.

But as above i've met many bang on lads where they are doing the job as it shound be. With manners and common sense. In fairness most are like this.

I find the normal guards are usually fine 90% of the time, never have a problem with the locals around my way, all bang on.

Its those cnuts in the traffic corp that are complete fooking wankers. I narrowly avoided a crash the other day because some old bint lost control and swerved into my lane, I slammed on and just managed to slow enough not to go into the back of her, then we got undertaken by 3 cars swerving into the inside lane and a traffic corp guard pulled me in 5mins later and done me for tailgating even though she was still slowing and if i braked any more, one of the cars behind me was coming into the back of me. You couldnt make this sh1t up, now i'm 2 penalty points to the good as well as the fine. And all this when being very polite and respectfully trying to explain the situation of what actually happened. Fooking traffic corp tossers!!! :angry1: :angry1: :angry1: :angry1:

Deal with Traffic Corps on an almost daily basis thru the job.... Alot of them are grand but there are a few that just get up my nose....
Had the odd argument with a few of them on a professional basis and have made a few of them listen and prooved myself right in the long run. But if i have been wrong i admit it immediately and apologise. They respect you more for it in the long run

Yes Garda, no Garda, six bags full Garda is the only way to go. never had a problem so far and have dealt with quite a few on the road side :icon_grin:

I had a Gard stop me about 4 years ago in my Mr2,, gard talked to me for about 5-10 min then go the guts up to ask me if he could take the car for a spin.. he was a local gard so i said yeh.. he love it,, still get the nod off him never stoped at local tax stops ...not all bad.. :thumbsup:

Yeah agree wit ye on bein nice to the garda they arent all bad if ur nice to them and have things right :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Manners is no load to carry :dance:

I met the soundest garda ever in Maynooth back in May we were heading to Airport and taking the cross country route to avoid tolls (cheap cheap cheap) just left the motorway and it was 5am so i wasnt taking my time. i was passed a squad without slowing so as not to arise suspicion however he stopped me and my jaw dropped when he produced a speed gun with 95kph on it. i was in the 60 limit at the time! asked where we were off to and when he saw the passports on the dash and the little fella in his car seat in the back he just handed back the license and said "take her easy from now on". still have clean license and 0 penalty points. best of all i think of that all the time and it has slowed me down. Spot on Garda, :thumbsup:

Have been stopped from time to time and agree that the only way to go is the nice, yes mr garda no mr garda approach when dealing with your average guard but when dealing with the traffic corps there's only so much talking down you can take before you answer back :lol: Friend of mine is a guard and she even hates them :lol:

[quote author=six spoke clive link=topic=19849.msg243112#msg243112 date=1261118302]
never ending debate, people are people ????
[/quote]

So true mate :clap:

Like anyone you meet, some people are sound some aren't :dontknow:

Back