Maxol Premium petrol Q's

Neelie

Just passed a local Maxol and spotted the sign for premium. Wondering does anyone know what octane that is compared to normal petrol, if its only the tree hugging eco extra miles stuff and if anyone is using it in their turbo scooby and if its something I should be using? Getting the car mapped with AP soon, would it make sense to map for it, if its better than normal petrol? Do all Maxol carry it? I've only noticed it recently lol I'll admit I've totally overlooked it till now and started wondering. Enlighten me. Thanks peeps :)

A while ago, we all got excited when Circle K announced 98 Ron fuel only to be false advertisement.

As far as I understand, there is no 98 Ron fuel in Ireland at present. The fancy stuff from different petrol stations are 95 Ron fuel + their blend of additives that is allegedly useful for cleaning the internals of the car/boost power/etc.

Also, I find personally that the quality of the fuel varies from one brand to the other and also one petrol station within the same brand to the other. I found my local Circle K Miles Plus to be decent so far and stuck with it. Tried all other ones and this seems good for both the Subaru and the Cupra.

Best advice is to try a few brands locally that you know you will be going to, see which one feels the best and then fill the tank with that one for the mapping day :)

Maxol premium unleaded petrol is still 95 ron just more expensive , why the extra cost per litre I dont know, its says it in the pumps that premium us 95 ron, have tried it and no noticeable difference over normal unleaded, maxol at clarecastle i presume Neelie, I have always used maxol petrol when.i can as I found very good in the scoobies,

So typical money making racket then? :biggrinbounce2: yeah it's like 15c a liter more... So thought it would have been higher octane at least for that price lol. They can keep it so! Has Applegreen gone totally to s*?#? Why can't we actually get good fuel here?! If I was still living close to the border I'd jump across to fill up... Its ridiculous here...

Maxol fuel is better by all accounts as aonghus said to me when I got it mapped. He said most of the other stuff is sh1t circle k isnt too bad but he said he sees better power gains when maxol is in the tank and in my opinion spplegreen was always muck

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I agree gordon always use maxol when i can after aonghus told me to

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cool i'll be using maxol then from now on :icon_biggrin:
i dont drive a lot but want to avoid octane booster lol.
such a shame we cant get anything decent at the pumps here :new_puppy_dog_eyes:

test fuel in each petrol station around and you will know by how your car is responding. here Texaco is the best fuel. Applegreen and Tesco pure muck

Last edited:
Zeiko done a thread a while back as far as I remember maxol came out on top 95ron

Sent from my ELE-L09 using Tapatalk

cool i'll be using maxol then from now on :icon_biggrin:
i dont drive a lot but want to avoid octane booster lol.
such a shame we cant get anything decent at the pumps here :new_puppy_dog_eyes:
Well, there is another option other than using NF booster in the tank to bring up the octane rating, reduce engine temperature, clean the inside, advance timing and make more power all across the rev range [emoji48]

Subaru Impreza Wrx SL Wagon 2004
#hmblwgn
www.instagram.com/hhphoto7

I'm using 100ml of octane to a tank, to be fair, its not too big a deal imo.
5 bottles for ?90
1 bottle does three tanks
15 tanks of juice like so not too bad for ?6 extra a tank only ????

Maxol up the road from me has both I'd swear...on the one pump, E5 and 95, so what's in it ????
Havent the foggiest what E5 is lol

Back