loud exhaust

gabriel42

Hi, first time on here.
The Garda want me to change exhaust and they said they'll call me back in 2 weeks so I can bring it in for inspection, any opinions on this? feel free to ask any questions too, I mainly wonder tho what would happen if I changed it back after inspection? and say I was pulled again for it what would happen?

Really depends on how loud it is . Did it pass Nct on that system . Abs did they do a noise test on it to prove it was too loud .
also do you think it’s loud 🤣🤣

Really depends on how loud it is . Did it pass Nct on that system . Abs did they do a noise test on it to prove it was too loud .
also do you think it’s loud 🤣🤣
It wudn't pass nct, It's straight piped and u know yourself how loud these subies are straight piped 😂 they done no noise test on it but asked me to give it a rev there. It's really loud in fairness but I love it. (what would happen if I changed it back after inspection? and say I was pulled again for it what would happen?)

Really depends on the guard being honest and Also depends if your acting the c*nt in a town .
straight piped Is usually stupid loud so they can if caught again It can be lifted on you as it has to be under a certain dB reading to pass a noise test .

I have a original classic gc8 back box there for sale if that’s what your driving …

Really depends on the guard being honest and Also depends if your acting the c*nt in a town .
straight piped Is usually stupid loud so they can if caught again It can be lifted on you as it has to be under a certain dB reading to pass a noise test .
I mind my own business do nothing to anyone like yeah I do step on it sometimes going through town and it's really loud but what could they really do if I change it back or change it up slightly after they have it checked. I wasn't sure what you meant there, thanks

You change it to quite back box and have it inspected and they say all good .
you change it back to a straight pipe and if it’s the same guard he will take your car simple . If your stopped and tested for noise then your in trouble too .
Sounds like more hassle than it’s worth if I’m honest plenty of loud back boxs in the market that are quite enough too 👍
Hope this helps

I had this situation many years ago when I had a Starlet GT. Pulled over about exhaust noise, "whats all these gauges for" etc etc
I was polite and cooperative and the guard was being a smart pri*k and very insulting. So I decided to write a letter to his Chief Superintendent with a full description of the interaction. I got a simple reply acknowledging my letter had been received and that was the end of it. Never heard a thing after that. I hope his Super chewed him a new one.

Change it back to stock, go into them, they say fine. I doubt a silencer will do much.

Change it back if you really want again and don't get caught :ROFLMAO:

Back