looking for some advise

b4heaven

Petrolheads
Howdy all after spendin the 1st paddy's day in 4 years at home instead of bein out wreckin the prelude at mondello me and a friend of mine had a bit of a mad idea last nite
The prelude has been havin some issues lately (joys of plenty of abuse) i think the two driveshafts are snapped and theres a few other issues that i know im goin to find when i dig deeper in2 it so what we where thinkin of doin last nite was stippin her of her lovely 2.2 engine and droppin it into an 89 hatchback civic so im stuck in a bit of a delema here do i just try to fix her as she is or just go mental and put the engine in2 the civic :ponder:
we have a civic sittin there that we can use so im just wonderin what you all think i should do leave as is or go mental :icon_grin:

I drove a civic with the 2.2 and tbh it handled like a bag of sh!t..too nose heavy..grand for straight line performance..you'd be better of with a bc18 from a teg..makes the same power(less torque but much lighter).

[quote author=Dagnut link=topic=13654.msg169057#msg169057 date=1237371846]
I drove a civic with the 2.2 and tbh it handled like a bag of sh!t..too nose heavy..grand for straight line performance..you'd be better of with a bc18 from a teg..makes the same power(less torque but much lighter).
[/quote]

yeah i was thinkin that to just i have a complete prelude and civic thats why i was thinkin of just makin the conversion out of the two of them

If you could do something radical like mounting the gear box at the rear to move some wieght? I wouldnt have a clue how to go about that but..may be you can only do in a rwd?

that would be fun but if im goin to do it i'll b lookin to do it quick and easy and as cheap as possible

Back