Looking for help buying parts

Sneezy.Tom

Wet noodle spec hawkeye
ISDC Club Member
Hi guys so long story short I’m heading Nurburgring in June, Xmas present from the other half :eek:

So I’m looking for some general help what parts I’d need to achieve what I’m trying to do and maybe some help where to get these parts, Subaru stuff all kinda new to me.
So before I start, the car itself. 2007 1.5 litre Impreza Hawkeye I believe GD. An import from somewhere but not sure where. All gauges in Kms just unsure of its origin. Logbook says awd lack of rear diff says fwd.

So I’m looking into doing biggger better brakes as front are your normal small discs and rear is drums. If I’m right to do this is be needing new hubs anyway so I might as well just convert (possibly back) to awd?

Long story short car is fwd with drum rears. Wanting to swap to awd and rear disc and bigger better front disc and calliper.

Any help on what parts I’d need and maybe where to get them would be ideal. Seen a few older subarus up for parts wonder if any parts from them would be usable. Sorry this Subaru awd stuff is new to me!

Take a few photos underneath and a photo of the vin plate and post them up and will have a fair idea what you need .
If it is 2wd from factory you will need a lot of stuff
Gearbox
Prop shaft
Rear subframe as 2 and 4wd ones are different
Rear diff .
Etc but confirm the above first and go from there .

Take a few photos underneath and a photo of the vin plate and post them up and will have a fair idea what you need .
If it is 2wd from factory you will need a lot of stuff
Gearbox
Prop shaft
Rear subframe as 2 and 4wd ones are different
Rear diff .
Etc but confirm the above first and go from there .
Ideal will do when the driveway isn’t a river anymore with this rain 😂

It’s a short jap vin code so it’s jdm import alright and it is front wheel drive from the gearbox code so your looking for
4wd gearbox
Prop
Diff
Rear diff cradle and maybe fuel tank as sometimes the 2wd ones are different they are on the classics anyway would need a photo underneath to confirm

It’s a short jap vin code so it’s jdm import alright and it is front wheel drive from the gearbox code so your looking for
4wd gearbox
Prop
Diff
Rear diff cradle and maybe fuel tank as sometimes the 2wd ones are different they are on the classics anyway would need a photo underneath to confirm
Fair play you know your stuff bud! Think that’s out me off doing the change for the short term but definitely something for the long term! Thanks for the info and confirm on it being a jap import 😁

I had no idea the new ages came in FWD 🤯 I may have running gear off a 2 litre non turbo that I wont need anymore mid to late next year
But ive often seen 1.5's come up for sale for dirt cheap

I had no idea the new ages came in FWD 🤯 I may have running gear off a 2 litre non turbo that I wont need anymore mid to late next year
Keep me updated on that as I want to up mine to awd and 2 litre turbo at some point. Timing suits too 😂 picked my one up dirt cheap €1400

Think the 1.6 blob eye and 2.0 RX non turbo hawk were AWD, 1.5 hawk was FWD then as far as I know

Think the 1.6 blob eye and 2.0 RX non turbo hawk were AWD, 1.5 hawk was FWD then as far as I know
I had a look into it earlier out of curiosity, the 1.5 hawk was a jap only version and they came FWD.

the 1.6 hawk which is way more common over here is only AWD, I never knew there was a 1.5 FWD, but cant imagine the fuel economy if it had to push AWD, considering my 2.0RX is as heavy if not worse than a WRX 😂

Always thought the 1.5 was a Irish thing due to our high road tax rates to make them more competitive with most similar size saloons priced there having a 1.4

Always thought the 1.5 was a Irish thing due to our high road tax rates to make them more competitive with most similar size saloons priced there having a 1.4
So did i being honest..something new every day lol good to know 🤘

Back