Lookin to buy a version6 type r

Suarez7

Hi I was lookin to buy a version 6 type r in the summer but there isn't many good ones left would have to be absolute mint in every way with low mileage has to be blue with the roof vent if anyone knows of someone sellin in the summer could u let me no please will pay the right money for the right car

That's a nice car alright but there makin nowhere near 8k I seen a mint blue v6 on done deal last week it was gone off it in 2hours you have to be fast for the good ones

Take it from me you will have to pay 8k for a genuinely mint straight type r with reputable engine build. A decent engine rebuild is 5k plus. You will get what you pay for. I spent most of last year touring the country for one and genuine mint examples hardly ever come up for sale. Especially for sub 6k

The one on done deal was only 5k would want one with the engine rebuilt really I suppose the standard engine will just blow up I blew 2of them already

The one up for sale last week was not mint. Yes, it has had a full respray and looked great but when I looked at it early 2011it had so much filler in the passenger side rear arch that the paint gauge couldnt take a reading because it could detect metal!!

Depends what you're after and if you dont mind previous crash damage that has been repaired. But I can guaratee you wont find a v6 type r genuinely mint with and engine rebuild from reputable builder for anywhere near 5k. If you do then the previous owner was probably I the process of being carted off to the loony bin.

I know you couldn't, that's why I was telling you that its not always as good as it seems :thumbsup:

I spent 8 months looking for a clean type r and couldn't find a single 1. I would've been prepared to pay money for 1, of course I wouldnt tell anyone that as you need to barter as much as possible but I didnt see a single 1 that hadnt been crash repaired. There's no such thing as a bargain in the type r world now. If you want a mint 1, you'll have to be prepared to pay for it :thumbsup: .. but you also look at what you could get for a couple grand more, I gave up on the type r and got a 2005 spec c instead.

i can also tell you that just because a type r is up for 8k doesnt mean its any better than the 5k car

took me ages to get a good type r

There's a few hiding around alright the good ones are rare enough do could probably get a good p1 alright but had one before and got no excitement from the high ratio gearbox compare to the v6

i wonder is that beacause they where from the u.k.
some of the u.k. cars i have seen are rotten :eek7:

[quote author=seanie link=topic=36693.msg420722#msg420722 date=1358930638]
Be careful with the p1s had a look at a few rust is a major problem with them
[/quote]

Ive a P1 that was originally a UK car and its mint underneath. You could very easily find that a jap car could be as rusty as any UK car because in general none of the Jap cars were protected underneath from factory. Good luck with the hunt.

Back