Living in Leitrim? Can you help?

niall1

Petrolheads
This will sound like a very strange request but I was looking at importing a car from the UK and wanted to book a particular registration plate for it, but because I don't have an address in Leitrim I can't register the car with a 'LM' plate. :wall:

Will any fellow member allow me use their address?

Thanks
Niall

hey Niall have you bought a Lamborghini Murcielago and thats why you need the LM reg :cool:

I've see that Leitrim wan on the telly. She's some bit 'o stuff! :1poke:

John PM Sent
:thumbsup:

Edit: My membership isn't showing so I can't PM. I'll give one of the admins a shout.

AFAIK Niall... you can request any county! I was living in Dublin when I imported my MR2 and as i didn't want a long reg number I requested a WW reg with no problems!

Don't know if they have changed policy since... but this was only 4 years back.. :dontknow:

Yip. I contacted the local VRT office and they said I had to be resident in the county I was requesting a plate for :(

The registration number must correspond with the place (licensing authority) at which the applicant, at the time of registration, will be ordinarily resident

[quote author=niall1 link=topic=22106.msg267538#msg267538 date=1269010256]
Yip. I contacted the local VRT office and they said I had to be resident in the county I was requesting a plate for :(

The registration number must correspond with the place (licensing authority) at which the applicant, at the time of registration, will be ordinarily resident
[/quote]

ya I think they look for rsi number as proof of address on the form too

when i bought my current car the garage offered me the option of havin it as a Dublin reg , even tho i live in wicklow :ponder2: maybe a garage could register the car up there for ya :pray:

ya same as that Tommy but I found out after its showing up as having 3 irish owners when it has only 2

I had to produce Utility bills showing a dub address to get mine!
SO I just transfered my address with the mobile phone company to my Nana's address!
Dan

Back