legacy diesel 2010 onwards

Unless there after 2014 forget about it is what I heard

A rebuild is between 5-6k and slattery's is the place for rebuilds

Hope that helps and all is well :thumbsup:

2014 was the new phase engine apparently (newer crankshaft) and doesn't seem to be giving any bother

There was recently a 2014 Forester for sale on donedeal with 500k km (so must have solved the issue)

Heard of a 11 or 12 with failure last week

A user on here @Paul Byrne car might be for sale needing rebuild if interested

Buying one with the engine gone and fresh build of slatterys would be the way to go pre 2014

Hi @buckshot Colm is on the ball above, I bought a 2010 Outback for my brother and got Slatterys to build an engine for it.
There is some argument that the 2012 Euro 5 engines didn't have as many issues but as Colm said from 2014 on there really seem to have sorted them.
I have a 2014 Forester daily and no issues just with any modern diesel regularly serviced and DPF regenerated.

@scoobycolm I know the guy who is selling the 500k one and nearly sure he told me it never got a rebuild!

thanks for the reply's guys much appreciated on this occasion i didn't follow you're advise took a gamble on a low mileage 2011 legacy diesel so if it goes bang in 12 or 18 months I'm not at a huge loss must say I'm impressed so far still have the red wrx the missus uses it as the daily driver

thanks for the reply's guys much appreciated on this occasion i didn't follow you're advise took a gamble on a low mileage 2011 legacy diesel so if it goes bang in 12 or 18 months I'm not at a huge loss must say I'm impressed so far still have the red wrx the missus uses it as the daily driver
Hi best of luck with the Legacy ..That a red hawk wrx with a high spoiler does be round Rathfarnham?..seen one recently rare enough now..

Best of luck with it 👍👍👍 Nothing like rolling the dice 🎲 ever morning Wondering is today knock knock day 🤣🤣👍👍👍😉

Back