Leaked 2008 JDM STi brochure - 7 colours available

G

greenwagon

A leaked copy of the new JDM Subaru Impreza WRX STi brochure has appeared on NASIOC, with models available in seven colours:

stibrochure1.jpg

Vital statistics:

304 hp @ 6400 rpm
311lb-ft @ 4400rpm (41:59 torque split)

Weight: 3263 lb (subtract an additional 22 lbs. if fitted with optional BBS wheels)

And a couple more "teaser" shots that I've lightened up :

sti2008-34-1.jpg

sti2008-rear-1.jpg

its growing on me alot

those arches are phat :roll:

reckon the sti is gonna be very good :pray:

:thumbsup:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

the vomit smiley :thumbsup:

it wont be that bad when ya see it in the flesh :pray:

Well  :pray: is all we can do.

Sad state of affairs when the new Impreza looks more like my wife's 5 door focus than my WRX :doh:

Having said that I don't know why I'm that bothered cos based on my previous purchases, I buy on average 4 year old cars, which means I'll have a while to get used to it :)

at this rate nodge when you buy the 4 yr old one you might have the best looking model ssshhhh, it might happen :angry:

Prodrive will be selling rhd 2.0 sti's for its Rally csutomers as the WRC cars are 2.0 RHD. Most of the Irish Impreza WRC owners buy sti's every year as rekki cars which means over time these cars will be sold on and we'll probably have quite a few of the new Sti's on the roads here. I know two people who have them on order from Prodrive already and I'm not going to miss my chance to go over and collect one of them for him this time like I missed the chance to collect a RB 320 for him in June.

Frawls

As the other brochure pages from flyinpig's initial post on NASIOC have been reproduced in the Few more 2008 pics thread (I was hoping people would follow my link  ;)), I'm adding more material from subsequent NASIOC posts on this topic:

sti0.jpg

"The graph on the right shows torque/power for NEW (RED) and OLD (BLACK). Linear acceleration and improved response are the key points for the new engine. Supposedly, the 0-400m time has improved by 5%."
sti00.jpg

"1st gear has triple syncros now"

kd69mo.jpg

"radiator & intercooler high performance slit"

"As the air within the engine compartment escapes, it allows for for fresh cold air to enter. Therefore, the radiator and intercooler can operate at cooler temperatures."

rocketpunchautoblog-STI-07.jpg

rocketpunchautoblog-STI-03.jpg

STI-04.png

rocketpunchautoblog-STI-06.jpg

Not forgetting that it's only the JDM version that will have a 2.0L as standard, the EU and US versions will be 2.5L.

looks like they've really gone and improved the performance of it. nice

it is lookin good, and that torque graph is impressive

we still need the vomit smiley for the rear lights

i see something new every time i look at it. look at the last photo of the silver car, from the hinges of the back door to the rear looks like that daewoo (i think) 7 seater :angry:

and that is not a good thing :roll:

Back