It's a slippery slope.....

M

mr.green

I said I wouldn't mod the WRX But well i bought a HKS induction kit.........so i might as well get it mapped now...Or should I?

it recommended to get mapped for any mods you carry for safety and to get the best out of them.personally i wouldnt just map for a filter i would wait and fit decat,decent exhaust,maybe upgrade your injectors and fit a bigger turbo,depanding on how far you plan taking the car???this way you will have a lots of mods and will only need to get it mapped the once when all is fitted and readycheers alan

^^^ ditto. an air filter doesnt need a remap. your afm still does the same job it did pre-induction kit, namely calculating air.
once you go full exhaust you can get it mapped to get more power. for anything more, a remap is a must.

Thanks for the reply's, mmmmm injectors, bigger turbo, you see thats the slippery slope :smile:

It's a 2002, I'm not too fussed about removing the cat as i would assume i'd have to put it back for the NCT?
It has a prodrive back box and the HKS filter with nothing else, a remap would still give it a few more Bhp?

yes, the nct will need the cats put back in. you can get it remapped for a bit more torque and driveable
power but it wont do much for your car as such lol. unless its a terrible map from factory like it was in my
forester (177 stock to 222 remapped) i wouldn't really see the money invested well unless you had some
mods to get a bit out of it.

im the same, i always think "if i start, i may aswell go all the way to 300bhp..."

could go down the sports cat route to avoid changing the cat eery time the nct is due , wont get the same power as a full decat but would still make a noticeable difference

[quote author=Neelie link=topic=36386.msg416749#msg416749 date=1355163818]
600euro+ they are lol
[/quote]

payed a quarter of that for a prodrive one from the uk , if ya keep your eye out for one on scoobynet ya'll pick up a bargain

Back