is this ture

john

Sunday Drivers
how ya,s  i rang scooby world today to get afew bits and bobs . for my 96 wrx wagon . i then asked him how much would it cost in england to get my wrx remaped for 95ron .  he said my jdm 1996 wrx  ecu can not be remaped  and told me i would have to change my ecu (apex,greedy)
he didnt try to sell me one . but he left me   bit confused  :ponder: :ponder: :ponder: is this ture? ( or is he just p ssing down my back telling me its raining)  he said that from 1998 on you can remap the ecu,s

cheers . im new to the jdm side of subarus i have had 1.6,s 20L,s ,but this is my first wrx ( so im still in nappies compared you lot )
can you recomend a brand of ecu that would be ok for my wagon, im not looking to do anything major just to run it safe

One or two of the traders on the site may be able to help you out most of the lads use the apexi...expesive bit of kit but worth it..best advice i can give you at the moment is get yourself some "lucas octane booster" and add this every time you fill up, once again this is available through the traders on the site, you may have to wait a day or two as i think both of the lads that supply it are away on holiday at the moment..also it's best not to push the car to hard without it.

thanks for the help i was useing proboost up till last week i thought it was slowing . started to use lucas and it seems to have picked up again
im not doging it at all , as i dont want to brake my baby :pray:

I think could be wrong but the version 5 up can be mapped but from there down needs an ecu

i think its aversion 3 it has the face lift front but has the classic inside the engine air intake comes from the front to the back am i right?

[quote author=gerry link=topic=2921.msg27777#msg27777 date=1184369669]
I think could be wrong but the version 5 up can be mapped but from there down needs an ecu
[/quote]

Thats right the Ver 5 up can be mapped. The power FC is a great bit of kit and prob the cheapest and one of the best stand alone ECU's out there.

Damo

@Damo my car is V5 as far as I know. Well it checks out on the VIN plate. Does that mean I can get my ECU flashed then?

@john yes yours be a v3...........

As above apexi power FC the way to go...............

Its actually the cheapest option to go............

i.e. to motec, autronic etc etc......

Back