Ipad

well i hopped my ifone of the bedroom wall, so i guess id do the same with the ipad.
na i think il stick with the laptop.
nice gadget tho.

Not for here yet apple USA are selling the 64 gb for about $699. best buys are getting about $850 for them, seen one go for €1001.00 last week on eBay!!!

I got one this evening, on it now and it's the job!

Will see how it handles over the next few days

Its for people who want to say they have an iPad to try and be cool .....
Cant see the point in them yet , it can only run one application at a time , has no usb ports , i just cant see the point really in handing over a thousand dolla for something thats so....limited
you would get a serious laptop for a grand these days ,
maybe in future incarnations , it will become more useful , but as it stands it for the gadget-o-philes .... and the apple folk , who think steve jobs is god

Here's something to ponder

Ipad-Flowchart.jpg

Love the flow chart! It's not laptop and I don't think it is trying to be one! 10 hours of video between charges! That the main reason for it when you travel a lot, great for the web and email and writing on this site!

im no expert but if it doesnt have a usb for a modem and theres no wireless around you.....wouldnt a note book be just as good for a 1/4 the price

my 300 euro netbook has a 10 hour battery life! really cant see the point in these ipads. it not a laptop , just an over priced video player. its big and awkward, just the same as carrying around a netbook. Guy in work i know bought one and has already sold it on. I suppose it like Marmite, you either love it on everything or even the sight of it makes you want to puke!

love the flowchart!

if you like your gadgets you will want to buy it and see what all the fuss is about.

I like my gadgets but would not bother with this

Now when Google brings one out running Chrome OS, i'll get that!

[quote author=Altezza-Dan link=topic=22844.msg274052#msg274052 date=1271286323]
just an over priced video player.
[/quote]

Hardly even that considering it doesn't support flash :doh:

[/quote]

Oh shut up Google boy :lol:

I like Apple products (have iPhone and MacBook Pro) but I really dont see the point to these iPads.

[quote author=STi Brian link=topic=22844.msg274067#msg274067 date=1271312620]
just an over priced video player.
[/quote]

Hardly even that considering it doesn't support flash :doh:

[/quote]

Oh shut up Google boy :lol:
[/quote]

Even my Google phone supports flash!

As far as I am concerned.......

IPAD is an IPOD for people with bad eye sight!!!!

Its exaclty the same only bigger!!!! It doesnt do any thing more really

It doesnt support Flash application

It doesnt really go far enough to warrent the outlay of such a large amount of cash!!!!!

Something that size should be a stand alone PC type drawing tablet!!! you do the CAD work / Design work you need to do while travelling and then update the master file on the desktop when your back at the office / home system.......

Its goes to show the discussion we had few years back about Apple and marketing...they are brilliant at it...they took over the mp3 player market with an inferior product, the continue to keep a foothold and grow, not only in personal computing but in design industry, with over priced computers, and now they've managed to sell out with a device that no one needs. Genius.

They are the BMW of the computing world , creating niche markets out of thin air , and then filling the gap in that niche market with something that nobody has ever asked for ,but through the use of clever advertising make people want to own one ....

X6 anyone???

Glad to see such strong views from everyone! Each to their own! Great bit of kit when traveling! Fast, no wireless issues, great picture, laptop is for work this is for chill time!

If they could make it perform more than 1 task at a time it would be a lot more handy and even more functional

Back