Insuring a B4 legacy

Altezza-Dan

Octane Boostaholics
So who are the best crowd to insure a B4 with. full license 2 years, 2 years NCB, 26 yr old. tired my current insurer eagle star and they said i need at least 3 years NCB

I'm with Quinn Direct, 23, full licence 1 year, 2years NCB, €1650

Some of the other lads around your old age are getting really good deals with some other places as well

Im with hibernian at d mo i've the B4 insured with them for over two years now but i will b lookin for a different insurer when my policy runs out in april if my renewal quote is not a good 1

so from looking at this list from Quinn Website, which should i pick for the B4:
quinnlistau4.jpg

dont think you have the right selection made. I've just checked it on mine and its fine. Make sure you have the right year and then subaru, then legacy (obviously) then there is the option for RSK-B4

just seen now that for 2003 there is no option of a B4 :dunno: :dunno: :ponder: :ponder:

Sorry mate, cant be of any help

although technically it is a 4-door :whistle: :whistle:

2003 is a BL model its not listed just quote the be5 b4 on the phone and tell them its a later model

Quinn wouldn't quote me on that :angry: :angry: only ones i can find that will insure me have the 4 grand excess :shock:

Pretty sure they are legally entitled to quote you. And at 26...... they must've sensed evil intentions in your voice

If you already have a policy with Quinn and you buy the car they have to transfer your policy to it. Thats what I did with my Glanza V and my WRX. I'm 19! :) Paid about 2000 for the glanza last year and I'm paying about 2500 for the WRX :D

Bollox to that crap, keep at them man. Thats age-ist crap. Once you have a full licence they have to quote you, and at 26 you should be able to get it cheap. I was 22 when i got insured on mine and only had my full licence about 3 months

Once you have an existing QD policy they have to quote you on transfer to another car.

ye I'm currently with Eagle star! Just did a bit of research, if an insurance company refuse you cover, you can ask them for a written explanation why they refused cover. If this happens with 3 companies you can contact the Declined Cases Committee of the Irish Insurance Federation. They will get an insurance quote for you (usually the first company you approached will be asked to quote) unless there are good public policy reasons why you should not be given motor insurance. = Worst case scenario i hope!!

Best quote I've gotten today is 1374 Euro from www.123.ie but thats with a 4 grand excess!!! Looks like i will have to bite the bullet for the first year driving the B4 and get a policy with a 4 grand excess! Then hopefully once i have 3 yrs NCB next year and ill be 27, i can get NORMAL insurance

if you go for the 4K excess policy make sure you read the small print. No modifications allowed is probably in there.

They really have coped on to what type of car it is :lol: keep trying man,i'm sure theres some company out there waiting for your call :thumbsup:

Ye it looks like it! best i could find is so far is from firstireland.ie is 1640 with a 2 grand excess, mailed them back to see how much the premium would be with a grand excess. If the premium stays below 2 grand i'd be happy! was paying 2100 last year on me Altezza!

Back