Insurance

DaithiC123

ISDC Club Member
Hello lads and ladies,

First post so go easy on me haha

Recently purchased a car I've wanted since I was a child, now I'm being told that I can't get insured because of my age, I'm 28, 10+ years full license, 7 years no claims in my own name, and have a daily driver.
Can anybody shine some light the insurance malarkey.
Car: V2 Impreza WRX STI

Thanks guys.

Did you try Abbey Autoline to insure it on a classic policy?
Thanks for the reply Baz,

I called Abbey Autoline, they said because I'm 28 they wouldn't Insure me, 30 or older based on the car.
Called at least 5 companies and no luck at all, nobody wants you to have any fun these days

Britton Insurance. Up to you how you want to organise your NCB and daily driver. I was 28 when I went insuring my SpecC and they were one of 2 companies who could get me a quote through Prestige/Axa. The other company ignored everything I told them and lied to underwriters and ended up coming back twice as expensive, so go figure.

I had had same issue, I’ve a same thread back in march too. I’m the same age as yourself. Rang everybody, as soon as you said Subaru that was it. Didn’t want anything to do with you. Try Axa, I tried them twice. They insured me in error a second time I think. From being told I couldn’t be insured I wasn’t old enough to waking up to a quote the next day. Bought it straight away. Was around 700. Aviva were my previous insurer and they tried to charge me 2,500.

Just for the record, 44yrs old no claims 20+ years 😎 still getting the run around from some companies... Haven't had this much trouble insuring since last time I sat in one. 😂

Have gotten an post insurance for 520, so I'll probably go with those but I'll ring brokers just to see😂 chill wouldn't quote me online..🤷🏼‍♂️

Just off the phone there now myself with my current insurers Zurich who won't cover the car so we'll now be moving two policies from them! Back to ringing around now after work 🤢 and they've insured the Legacy the gobshites

Back