Insurance with no valid NCT

HawkAl

Wondering if anyone was ever told by a broker that they were unable to quote due their car not having a current NCT?

I received a quote a few weeks ago and when I called a different broker today was told the above.

Bull because you need insurance to drive to the nct and it needs to be roadworthy, not arrive on a tow truck to the nct

I know it’s unreal! Took all me details, left me on hold and then proceed to tell me that nonsense.

Quoted alright but said I'd 30 days from policy taken out to provide nct proof and proof that taxed or policy would be canceled

Good luck getting an nct within 30 days there way behind lad i know got a date in November when booked yesterday

Good luck getting an nct within 30 days there way behind lad i know got a date in November when booked yesterday
Fairly easy my last 2 nct put in for a emergency nct once flexible fast enough thats my experience anyway đź‘Ť

Go on late on a Monday or Tuesday evening/ night.

I've got 3 appointments recently all within two weeks đź‘Ť

It’s a right dose! I have it off the road just under 2 years and wanted to renew to keep my NCB but that’s looking unlikely now.

I have over 6 years named driving on my wife’s policy so could I used that for future quotes?

I never built up much NCB personally as had work vehicles and a vintage policy previously.

It’s a right dose! I have it off the road just under 2 years and wanted to renew to keep my NCB but that’s looking unlikely now.

I have over 6 years named driving on my wife’s policy so could I used that for future quotes?
I have no idea what schemes they're at nowadays. They change them when they want.

I've sat on the site now for 30 minutes refreshing and selecting every test centre across the country. I've moved up a couple of weeks now to October LOL (due in July)

Just booked a test for 20th of June in Tralee this morning. Doesn't seem to be as bad down this direction but still one or two local centers with October dates
Abbeyfeale available for 26th June
Charleville available for 4th July
Limerick has some dates in July aswel I think

Ah this is nuts, mine ran out end May, wasn't in any panic as its always been a doddle getting a booking (Ballinasloe). October fecking 18th is the earliest I can get. Booked it anyway, might as well, and I'll just have to keep a printout of the booking in the car I guess.

It's good to keep an eye on the NCT page after midnight or early in the morning - I checked this morning, out of curiosity, at around 7:30 and seen a slot for Carrick-On-Shannon for June 6

Back