Impreza UK turbo 2000 VRT

benm96

Hi all , me and my brother recently purchased a 1996 impreza turbo 2000 as a cheap project. We don't really know what we want to do with it yet. It's on UK plates and we have the V5. I'm aware that it's eligible for vintage vrt in 3 or 4 years but would the VAT and duty be an extortionate price ? Would we be better of going down the road of doing something else with it ? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

Hi all , me and my brother recently purchased a 1996 impreza turbo 2000 as a cheap project. We don't really know what we want to do with it yet. It's on UK plates and we have the V5. I'm aware that it's eligible for vintage vrt in 3 or 4 years but would the VAT and duty be an extortionate price ? Would we be better of going down the road of doing something else with it ? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks
Vat and duty is based on the buying price and transport fee from UK to Ireland.

Vat 23% and duty 10% of purchase price & transport fee.customs agents generally charge €100 - €150.

If its in the country over 30 days ,you will be charged late fees for vrt.(the only exception I have seen with late fees ,is when you vrt a 30 year old plus car.no late fees apply then in my experience)

Vat and duty is based on the buying price and transport fee from UK to Ireland.

Vat 23% and duty 10% of purchase price & transport fee.customs agents generally charge €100 - €150.

If its in the country over 30 days ,you will be charged late fees for vrt.(the only exception I have seen with late fees ,is when you vrt a 30 year old plus car.no late fees apply then in my experience)
Will the VRT crowd know the buying price and the transport fee from the UK because I don't think the bloke we bought it from was the person who originally brought it over?

No they won’t know you can just supply
A recipt for it 2000 for the car 400 transport costs 😉

Will the VRT crowd know the buying price and the transport fee from the UK because I don't think the bloke we bought it from was the person who originally brought it over?
The customs agent won't know how much you paid for car and transportation, but they will look for some sort of proof of payment. Electronic transfer/ cash withdrawal receipt etc.

A Guy local to me paid 4800 on a uk turbo to vrt it , thats without vat / import duty either.
He assumed because uk models are worth alot less that it would be cheap to vrt.

Back