Imperza RX?

daveR

Petrolheads
Lads im looking at getting an Impreza RX!cant get insurance on a turbo Impreza :angry:
Anyway im looking for all the info i can!I know there prob wont be much mods for the RX but what are the common probs,the standard bhp figures,anyone here own one and what ye think of them etc...

Cheers in advance :thumbsup:

i think the bhp is around 135 - 150, not completely sure though, in around those figures anyway

forgot to ask the year, the newer ones are slightly more powerful as they are slightly heavier

well dave i'm driving a 2.0lt rx and love it :)
i've completely modified the look of the car with a wide-arch kit,
i've also lowered the front by 40mm on whiteline springs,fitted an anti-lift kit and an sp-r1 exhaust system(all thanks to renno555) :thumbsup:
when i got the car it had standard seats so i changed the interior(front buckets,rear seats and door cards) from mckeevers for a good price :whistle:
i've had no problems with my car(touch wood) :pray:
i hope this helps you mate
:subaru:

if you're not going for the new model i'd say don't bother i've driven both and the older rx isn't much better than a 1.6 the new one is a big improvement so i'd say go for a new one alrite

Yeah Not too bad........
I had a 2.0 rx/sport wagon previously ....... Ur looking at 135bhp or so.. And because its N/A its hard to squeeze more power out of them

However these things are bullet proof, once looked after .........
I NEVER had any issues with it !

Lots of info here.......
http://www.imprezasport.net/forums/index.php?act=home

Sound bunch too :thumbsup:

i have the standard rx and i love it nothing has gone wrong with it yet (apart from a large dent in the boot my fault)

subaru claim 158 bhp but mine managed 171.1 bhp on the rolling road :dunno:

if you are going to get one then i would recomend a bodykit mine doesnt look as good as everyones on here

hope this helps

All you can really do to a n/a scooby is add an induction kit, they're only made for the 2.0 as far as I know. I put one on mine and it did give a bit of extra oomph, but only marginal. The annoying thing about it was the constant drone from it (like a Dyson under your bonnet). Maybe de-catting would give a little extra too with less restriction through the exhaust system and, naturally, a big fat back-box.

Spending your money on improving the handling would be of most benefit, taking bends at higher speeds safely is much more fun than trying to squeeze an extra 2 or 3 BHP out of the engine.

The best thing about an RX/Sport?

:ponder:

Absolutely no turbo-lag :D

Had one before I got my WRX. Nice car. Will last forever if looked after. BHP on that model is around 130 as far as I can recall. I managed to get around 500 miles to a tank. The one I had did have an induction kit. It used to drive me mad as I kept thinking the engine was fubar'd

My ones up for sale , nice power n quick enough, not bad to insure either 900 euro n i'm just gone 24

Back