How long does it take to get a renewed passport now?

TommyM

Petrolheads
Im going to crete with the lads in 9 weeks ,just noticed my passport is out of date ,what kind of waiting list is there or should i be ok sending away for it now?? ....i hear there is a serious backlog ?

I think as part of the agreement they reached to return to work fulltime they also committed to doing loads of overtime to catch up very quickly. Pretty sure they're nearly back to normal service now?

Check with the post office though, they should advise if they can do the 10 day turnaround again :thumbsup:

As above, think they got paid a huge amount of overtime to work through the backlog...

I'd send it away now either way so whatever happens you have the best chance of getting it back in time :thumbsup:

talk to your local TD. theres a service for them where they can get a turnaround of a few days. but if its 9 weeks till you leave then passport express in post office should be fine.

He is going away in 9 weeks dagnut, nothing to do with how long it takes to get a passport renewed.

My local postoffice still had its no guarantee's sign up yesterday so still not completely back to normal but 9 weeks should be plenty of time. :thumbsup:

Back