House insurance claim advice please!

F

forester sti

I had a leak (2 kids + 2 taps + a plug = lots of water in my living room), did a lot of damage to my living room,
Nowadays I can't afford to take the hit myself, so I said I'd go ahead and claim off the house insurance!
I never did that before because I didn't want to loose no claims bonus and all that!
So I went ahead and claimed! Quinn Directs rep was very easy and fair to deal with!
What I am asking is, Any idea what affect €825 of a claim will have on my next years premium??
And Now that I have lost my NCB, I was going to claim for my laptop that my 2 year old jumped on thinking it was a wieghing scales!
That falls under accidental damage!! So I am covered!
Would 2 claims have more of an affect on next years premium, than one??
Thanx lads
Dan

I claimed couple months ago for a tv nothing was mentioned bout ncb im with ulster bank and paying €10 a month and i assume its gonna stay the same next year but ive never had house insurance before

Dan

I dont think it will be an issue. unless you start making excessive claims it usually doesnt effect your premium as far as i am aware!

I've had 3 claims in the last 10 years and it did not affect my premium. I did not go through the insurance company directly, I used Property Claims Direct in Swords. These guys are all ex- insurance assessors and they know the business inside out. The last claim I had was for a small leak and I reckoned I would get about €500. The claims company came back with an offer of just over €3k. Needless to say I accepted. It's all above board and from what I can remember it costs 8% of the claim, so it's in their interest to get as much as possible, as the more they get you the more commission they get.

Under new laws, Your premium will increase in your next years insurance.
Up to last year it didnt.

anything involving insurance is never straight forward Dan , unfortunatly there is only one way to find out what will happen in your case !

Dan i had a house ruined with bust pipes in january and claimed. Got 100% of the claim but the insurance is up in may and my new policy has jumped buy €300.

I tried a quote online (contents only) thru 123.ie

They are over 100 euro a year more expensive than my current policy (thru Ulster bank)

Ulsterbank seem to be 1 of the cheapest aroound at the moment!!!!

Give them a call once yer policy is up lads

Back