Hornet Alarms

Rob Spec C

Octane Boostaholics
Does any1 know anything about hornet alarms and are they any use? I've discovered that I have one on the B4 and apparently they work off the standard central locking car key. Apparently it turns itself on and off when you use the central locking on the normal key and it does beep at me when i open and close it but i thought this was just normal, does any1 elses B4 do this?

Usually alarms that work off the key are perimeter alarms only, are there no motion sensors inside?

No there's no motion sensors inside, so i dont know if it is working or not when i lock the car. Just wanted to see if it was actually worthwhile keepin it or gettin rid of it for a new alarm and immobilser package

Simple test, open the window, then get out & lock the car with key. Reach in & open lock from inside, would imagine the alarm will go off if system is working.
Those perimeter systems can be quite basic, sometimes even working off the interior light system.
Would suggest an upgraded alarm is the way to go though.

i have a hornet alarm fairly basic , entry level alarm from directed eletronics same people that make clifford. look up directed for more info!!

Back