Holyhead to London

yeah I did it to Bristol.... but took the route over the mountains coz it LOOKED shorter, BAD idea... tho very Scenic...
I changed my ferry on way back to leave from Fishguard, much better and at least your drivin on familiar roads from Wexford..
tho did get caught speedin on the road to Fishguard.. deadly roads but he let me away as it was new years eve :dance:
so if I was you I'd drive to Rosslare... :thumbsup: think was bout 5 hours....

Dan, don't go the Hollyhead-London route its a massive drive. Sail wexford-fishguard. It breaks up the journey and u will have the m4 nearly all the way. Or u could sail to pembroke.

[quote author=Altezza-Dan link=topic=8257.msg98593#msg98593 date=1215702997]
Anyone ever drive it? How long does it take realistically? says 4hr 30min on Google maps for 280miles
[/quote]

A little optimistic @ 4:30 there Dan, you should try a reputable website like the AA!

They time it @ 5:21 but even then you would have to be planning on missing out on heavy traffic/rush hour in Birmingham coz thats a nightmare (yes even on the motorway).
And if its south london then forget about trying to judge a time, the m25 ringroad is a giant carpark.

well its actually Oxford i need to get to and then on the way back was planning to stop in to the Hayward and Scott boys in Essex about get ting a custom exhaust made up! thats the only reason why i would even consider driving over for a work trip! they wont pay my mileage, only the Ferry if its the same price as the flight! :angry:

I drove Holyhead to Birmingham the drive took about 4hrs if i remember correctly. The motorway gets really boring when your on it that lenght of time probably best to use ethe fishguard if it makes the motorway journey shorter.

You'll do it in 4 hrs handy :thumbsup:
I've done Luton plenty of times in 3.5 hrs and it's only 30 miles morth of London on the M1
Cheers
John

We done it before and it took us nearly 8 and a half hours!!! :angry:

Sitting in miles on miles of traffic jams because an armed robber decided to get himself shot on the motorway!

Back