HKS type1 SLD.

JAYGT

Hi.
I was just removing an ecu from a crashed legacy gtb of mine an there was a HKS type1 SLD wired into the ecu wiring harness. I've looked these up online nd it says that it's used just to remove or override speed limiter on JDM cars.
What I was wondering is, does this actually improve the all round performance of the car or does it just do as it says nd override the speed limiter.
I know that these ecu's cant be remapped unless sent to eculabs to be reflashed, hence the reason that I was taking the ecu out of the crashed gtb nd putting it in my new gtb as It seemed alot faster nd the VOD was not as bad.
There are no mod's on this car apart from an Apexi induction kit nd a 3" straight through Kakimoto exhaust (cat back)

These are the pics I took of it.

Attachments

• 20220706_113122.jpg
    20220706_113122.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 14
  • 20220706_113104.jpg
    20220706_113104.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 14
Speed limit defencer yeah...and I think that's all they do. Apexi offer them too I think..
The rev d B4 have better turbo control and less vod as standard so if that's what the ecu came from, that would be why đź‘Ś

I
Speed limit defencer yeah...and I think that's all they do. Apexi offer them too I think..
The rev d B4 have better turbo control and less vod as standard so if that's what the ecu came from, that would be why đź‘Ś
Dont know if it's the original ecu for the car or if it came from a rev d B4. I didn't think that you could just swap ecu's like that from different models without having issues with mapping. The GTB is a rev b model.

As far as I know, you could. As long as it wasn't a mapped ecu, like, then it would be suited to the parts on the car it came from...but I think they're interchangeable with no hassle...

Speed limit defender, it’s just takes the speed limiter off nothing else .
they fit most makes and model from Japan just search for the fitting instructions online and it will have all the pin outs for the ecu.

fond memories of a starlet turbo with one of these on 🤣

Back