Hi everyone. Back after a long time..

Ahuzzy

Hi everyone past member here from around 2007.
I've finally gotten my hands on another v5 type r.
Not not as easy to get as they were in 2007 ๐Ÿ˜„
Just intrested if anyone here might know the car.
At the moment it's stripped to get under body respray and restoration.
I'll get all hardware cleaned painted and zinc coated as required.
Progress will be slow but I'm enjoying having a scooby back..
I'm sure I'll have many questions over the coming years and as always I'm always very greatful for the help and feedback.

Here's a pic of the car it's 98ce5045 had a 22b style bumper on it. Any bit of info on it would be great..
Thanks
Adam (Huzzy

Attachments

• 20210718_100939.jpg
    20210718_100939.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 65
Welcome back ๐Ÿ‘ yes typr r are getting hard to buy now that looks nice canโ€™t say I know it . But Iโ€™m sure sine one will .
Canโ€™t say I remember the user name from
2007 unless you changed it ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ either way welcome back

Welcome back ๐Ÿ‘ yes typr r are getting hard to buy now that looks nice canโ€™t say I know it . But Iโ€™m sure sine one will .
Canโ€™t say I remember the user name from
2007 unless you changed it ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ either way welcome back
Huzzy was the old user name but im more one for reading rather then posting ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ‘

The seller gave me his word it was in good condition. But ultimately I won't know without either taking it apart or having it in the car I will probably do the oil pump and t-belt and water pump rocker cover gaskets Both crank shaft oil seals redo the wrinkle red on manifold . Probably change the coolant hoses around the turbo that are awkward to get at when the engine is in.. I'd like to strip it down completely and check crank ect. But when it's just car for Sundays If the engine had to come back out its not the end of the world and its more for something to do with the young fella I don't take on too much at a time so I can keep the stress levels down he's 6 but huge interest in Subarus so I want to keep working on it in the garage fun for him.๐Ÿ˜„ I've no idea if it was remapped for Irish fuel so I'll probably get it remapped once its all in good order.
Since we started into the car we have got a powder coating gun and are in the process of doing anything we can fit into the home oven we got . I picked up a 2000 1.6 for any of the clips or small bits that would be time consuming to get but that car turned out to be in to good of a condition to take a part so it is now in daily use once the summer starts we would love to meet ye at a show or any outings ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

sound like a great project ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ just make sure the engine is good before doing all the work to it. ๐Ÿ‘.

Back