Hawkeye passenger headlight

subiescooby

Matthew
ISDC Club Member
Passenger headlight failed the nct because the machine wouldn't pick it up, which was expected because the beam doesn't show when parked near a wall etc.
Wiring is all okay, bulb is brand new and outer lens is clear. Fairly sure its the projector lens that's not focusing the light properly.

Looking to buy a whole headlight in okay condition, no cracks etc. A headlight that needs the outer lens restored will be fine too.

Sti hawk has headlamp leveler and hid fairly sure the na and wrx don't (not fully up on hawk lights)

what model you have ?..did you get someone to have look at proper adjustment in garage ?..sounds like probably damaged as not showing when parked near wall.

Usual places be worth looking at donedeal adverts.ie or hopefully someone here will have what ur after
Ill have a quick look..

Could suit depending on model you have

Or mabay this depending on what the light condition/damage is like hard to see in photo's

Could suit depending on model you have

Or mabay this depending on what the light condition/damage is like hard to see in photo's

you're right the sti has hid and levelers, I have an RX, the 2 litre non turbo.

I didn't get anyone to look at it but I'm 99% sure it's not the alignment. The light coming out doesn't focus anywhere it just looks like there's a light behind it, if that makes sense.

I played with the alignment adjusters too and made no difference so I'm fairly certain it's the headlight itself.

I seen that first headlight alright but it's damaged up in the corner so I'd rather get a better condition one if I could.

as for the second ad, I've messaged him too and he only has a driver side.

I've messaged a few lads on ebay who are in Europe to see if they have anything, don't want to buy from uk just yet because of customs.

I failed on high idle lambda too so I'm not in too much of a rush yet to go back for a retest, so I'll keep a close eye out.

Ah ok yea something should pop up that suits at some stage so đź‘Ťđź‘Ť

May be worth trying headlight alignment place Ciaran Larkin in finglas did mine before may be worth a shout if your up Dublin direction.

Its hardly the bulb not sitting right can happen if retaining spring or what happened to me before metal that holds spring & bulb down broke also if you've replaced bulb it may not be seated correctly worth checking anyhow

Its hardly the bulb not sitting right can happen if retaining spring or what happened to me before metal that holds spring & bulb down broke also if you've replaced bulb it may not be seated correctly worth checking anyhow
I'm in Galway but I'm sure I can find somewhere here to do it easy enough.

I thought that too because I changed the bulbs just before the test, so I checked that and all looks fine, tried moving the bulb into different angles and still no luck in getting it to focus into a proper beam.

Id check bulb again so hawk lights different to blob but that little bump on bulb sits in there snug on blob also check spring flat part that presses inside of bulb down is in correctly good luck đź‘Ť

Attachments

• 20220213_083838.jpg
    20220213_083838.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 7
Back