GT-B Project

Re: GT-B Project

Picture3.png

Goodies.jpg

MoreGoodies.jpg

NitrideCrank.jpg

I will add some better pictures later on, but this is the patient.

[quote author=GT-B link=topic=19307.msg238111#msg238111 date=1258794871]
I do read the posts on my thread and I appreciate the warm welcome to the forum and indeed the interest in my project.

I am doing some research on the auto-box rating.. would anybody on this forum know what the standard "stock" automatic gearbox is safely rated for ?

I want to avoid getting to deep into a money pit with the car, sensible, practical, and reliable engineering is my motto. I want to balance the engine rebuild with perhaps moderate increase in power delivery "early 300BHP" without bursting the gearbox.

I can get the gearbox upgraded to handle higher BHP (400) but this will need very deep digging into my budget, which I am not particularly keen on.

I will be dealing with suspensions and brakes later on in the project

Cheers

EM
[/quote]

I don't think the auto box will take much more than the original 260bhp factory output..The reason I say that is the auto was originally de tuned with smaller turbos to maintain the reliability of it..as far as a TT set up I have yet to see one get close to 400bhp ..you should get on to uklegacy.com and talk to some of the lads there as well.

You shouldnt have to wait too long dave, Mark is going upgrading his turbos etc in the next few weeks with 400BHP in mind :icon_omg:

Nice pics man, some nice RCM gear too, keep the pics coming when you have a chance :thumbsup:

[quote author=Sweetcakes link=topic=19307.msg238811#msg238811 date=1259072796]
You shouldnt have to wait too long dave, Mark is going upgrading his turbos etc in the next few weeks with 400BHP in mind :icon_omg:

[/quote]

Don't know if you rememebr the guy on uklegacy he had full zero sports sh!t on his car..higly modded yoke sliver 99..he ran 2 td0520g's from what I can remember and got 350 odd max...so he went single turbo..I could be way off here but from conversations with Pat Herborn when he was mapping my car he said he wouldn't even bother with 2 bigger turbos just go single..Hope mark does it would like to see a high powered twin turbo..kind of runins the character of the car going single

[quote author=Dagnut link=topic=19307.msg238813#msg238813 date=1259075572]
[quote author=Sweetcakes link=topic=19307.msg238811#msg238811 date=1259072796]

[/quote]

Don't know if you rememebr the guy on uklegacy he had full zero sports sh!t on his car..higly modded yoke sliver 99..he ran 2 td0520g's from what I can remember and got 350 odd max...so he went single turbo..I could be way off here but from conversations with Pat Herborn when he was mapping my car he said he wouldn't even bother with 2 bigger turbos just go single..Hope mark does it would like to see a high powered twin turbo..kind of runins the character of the car going single
[/quote]

Bob said to me at the last map that 2 16G turbo's would work well and bring the car up to or beyond the limits of the engine, circa 350-370 with supporting mods. Do you remember the name of the guy on uklegacy or where the thread is? Would like to have a look at it. Was he running a 2.0 engine or did he go 2.5?

Can t remmeber I think it was silver something..so long since I been on there...he ended up going for a 2.35 short motor running 500bhp - - 350-370 would be plenty for a legacy don't think the chassis is up to much more..I seen it for sale on PH a while ago Il see if can dig it up

EDIT: http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1225500.htm

There it is

Good man :thumbsup:

Still torn myself about whether or not to push the twins. I agree with you though, I feel going single would kind of rip the soul out of the B4. I don't see why it wouldn't work with the right setup on the TT and I have some pretty good ideas for it but its all money, go single and everything is off the shelf but I'd need custom piping all over the place for the TT to push serious power :ponder2:

Back