Good Evening all

Geoff S

Hi all.. New member just saying hi.. I've recently collected my first Subaru.. I believe the car was known within the club from years back when original owner used to join isdc track days.. Im a laois man and intend to attend to join on club meets and events once covvid moves on..
Anyway, more about the car.. Its a 1 owner 98 gc8 silver wrx. Its been off the road since 08.. I remember the car arriving when new and getting a spin in it to Dublin (giving a bike a 135mph race up the dual carriage way) when I was 19/20 years old.. I've being trying to buy this car for last 12yrs but recently the owner rang me out of the blue saying it was only for sale if I was buying it, and putting it back on the road and enjoying it..
So long story short its now at home in my shed waiting for recommissioning.. This is where I hope the members of isdc can help, as I am new to subaru I will have questions and loads of them.

Last edited:
Welcome along Geoff :thumbsup: . Loads of lads always willing to Anser Questions here :thumbsup: after 12 years off the road it will need new timing belt kit . Engine oils and filter spark plugs air filter cabin filter And to Diff and gearbox oils . :thumbsup: Fuel pump would be best Changed too as not that expensive.

Probley to late with this but don?t start it up with out checking the condition of the belt :thumbsup:

Cheers for the welcome lads..

@scoobysub..
Thanks for the advise. Much appreciated.. I haven't started the car.. I winched it onto the trailer and unloaded it direct to sick Bay in the workshop. I've the engine and box on the way out to freshen the bay up and when their out im changing all belts, tensioner, pulleys, oils, gearbox/diff seals, fluids from front to back, all new brake pads and discs. Then it'll be time for a fresh set of tyres, refurbed wheels and a mighty valet..

Back