Gen 1 legacy mapping

jayo

ISDC Club Member
Does anyone know if jdm gen 1 legacy ecu can be remapped for irish fuel or does it need to be chip/ecu added for mapping?

Thanks

Its true about the octane rate. I ran a V2 STi for two years with no issues.

If it were my legacy id change injectors and coil packs for newage ones and get it mapped purely for better driving experience not necessarily for any fuel quality reasons.

Thanks for the info lads.
Just weighing up my options if I decide to hold on to it long term and sell some thing else.

@BazGF8 Esl enduring solutions seem to be sold out of the boards,ill get in contact with them if I go down the road of getting it mapped. Thanks

@toyscrota What benefits would newage injectors and coil packs make ?
Smoother,sharper or...?

Thanks again for all the inputđź‘Ť

Last edited:
I have a set of twin bolt coil packs here you can have, came out of a 93 uk turbo with about 500 miles on them...i dont want anything for them..
Thanks for the offer, ill leave them for now until I see if it sells or not đź‘Ť
Don't want to take them and not use them

Thanks for the info lads.
Just weighing up my options if I decide to hold on to it long term and sell some thing else.

@BazGF8 Esl enduring solutions seem to be sold out of the boards,ill get in contact with them if I go down the road of getting it mapped. Thanks

@toyscrota What benefits would newage injectors and coil packs make ?
Smoother,sharper or...?

Thanks again for all the inputđź‘Ť
Sorry thought I replied to this. Well the injectors are bigger 440cc to 555cc with the kit I got. Coil packs are newer version so in turn better spark.
I made the changes based AP's suggestions and its night and day now with power and boost.

Back