GDB Seat cover Hunt.

Darragh72

Hi All, I am new here, I have to GDB STI's - one blue and one white. I am a bit of a perfectionist and want to know are the original set covers available anywhere to buy? Cant seem to find anyone willing to commit to doing a perfect refurb using non OEM fabric. They can get close but the devil is in the details......
Thanks,
Darragh

Welcome along

It would be crazy money to buy them

part numbers are there (Bug STi seat versions,check part numbers vs Youre cars model code)

but for example about 600 euro just for the back of one (also add duty and vat your closer to 850-900)

You would be better of trying to buy a mint used set

Unrelated but would this not be something that could be added to the isdc merchandise, a car seat covers with the club logo 🤔

Thanks for the information its really just the bases that get "bally" so might be worth the investment.
On a separate query the lights on the front of my blue car are awful - is there any recommended upgrades to either the bulbs or a set of replacement headlights?

Thanks for the information its really just the bases that get "bally" so might be worth the investment.
On a separate query the lights on the front of my blue car are awful - is there any recommended upgrades to either the bulbs or a set of replacement headlights?
If you want to upgrade it to Xenons, have a look at my build thread as I did that a few years ago. It's nct compliant too.

Not sure what bulbs your using but I run Osram nightbreaker lazer bulbs very happy with em

If your car is an Irish Uk car the it’s just standard bulbs so Jdm cars hid lights which have a way better light out of them 👍

Regarding the material for the seats I’d say try and get the trimmer to match as near as he can as it won’t be easy finding original material

You can get a lint remover or else a razor for helping with the “bally” effect on the alcantara.

You can get a lint remover or else a razor for helping with the “bally” effect on the alcantara.

I've used one of those, pretty good actually. Wasn't mine, but I'm ordering now lol

Welcome along Darragh.
I spent a lot of time researching the alcantera...
The material is available in the States.
There are two companies that do it. It's not cheap, but it's exactly the same.two options are available - perforated and non- perforated.
Google it. If you can't find it , let me know and I'll root out the info for you.
I've had a seat repair done in Nolan's in Dublin and have to say they done a brilliant job. Cheap enough too. There's a problem with doing Sti seats though as fabric is glued to foam ( not held with bars and hog rings)and can be a ba*tard to remove and keep foam intact.
Ben

Found these in my photo's.
Gulffabrics is one company
Zealous interiors is another.
I think it's was coming in at 230 US dollars for a square meter. And then Vat and import duty.
So not cheap.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-01-29-11-34-06-865_com.google.android.apps.photos.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-01-29-11-34-06-865_com.google.android.apps.photos.jpg
    803.2 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_2023-01-29-11-34-26-184_com.google.android.apps.photos.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-01-29-11-34-26-184_com.google.android.apps.photos.jpg
    950 KB · Views: 4
Back