fuse keep blowing..help needed

keith555

Octane Boostaholics
as above lads my fuse what controls the dash lights and the front fogs wont stop blowing lately. :dontknow:

i have put three fuses in and with in minutes off driving they go again. :wall: :wall:

it use to happen to duffman when he owned the car at first but we cant find the problem this time. :ponder2:

use to be a wire in the boot if i am not mistaken but have not touched anything in there

has this ever happened to anyone some advise would be most appreciated. :thumbsup:

cheers :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

The cigarette lighter/radio fuse kept blow in my car, turns out was a kinked live wire that was earthing off the body work

of the car, so your best bet is to have a good check if its any loose wire's connected to the lights first.

Maybe get a helper to give you a hand, they flick the lights on as you watch the wire(should see a spark if there's a short).

Plenty of spare fuses too. good luck with it. :thumbsup:

has to have a live wire earthing of body somewhere.....
is there water getting onto the fog lights???
are you sure the right amp fuse is being used each time!!!!!
:ponder2: :ponder2:

yep definatly the right fuse been used. :thumbsup:

will go back to it tomorrow and have another look :wall:

have you had the stereo out lately.......if so the illumination wire for the stereo that makes it dim at night might be earthing off the chassis behind the stereo.
the same could be said for the illumination of other devices like a gauges or turbo timers

the lights what are going on the dash are the dials and heating lights.

all the rest are still there including the reds,indicators,clock and radio

Back