Fuel in Scotland

nicknack

Petrolheads
Goin over to scotland at the end a next month to ecosse (dont know how to spell it), they're putting on a show and myself and a friend are driving over. he has one of their old show cars. But just wondering for when i get over there, or if anyone could share any light on the subject, but do they run a different fuel over there or which one is the best i.e my car isint mapped yet since japan so do they run 98ron? think thats what it is in japan anyway!
Cheers lads

your legacy should be running 102 from the jap pumps..in the uk you have shell v power 99, tesco 99 and bp do a 102 octane but its 2 quid odd a litre! most others do super unleaded 98..expect to pay through the nose petrol in the uk is more expensive than here

[quote author=nicknack link=topic=3765.msg38441#msg38441 date=1190747529]
ok that explains it. so better to just get the lucas and go from there!
[/quote]

yeah you cant go wrong with lucas..I surprised it isn't running like a pig on 95 but i know the tune isnt as aggressive on the autos(260bhp)..should notice a difference with the v-power 99..i was up the north looking for it but couldn't find it ..best you get even with full bottle of lucas is probably 97

well then i might try a tank a that vpower when i get over there then and give it a shot. cheers for your help dagnut :cheers:

ah well sure i might as well, it'd clean up the engine a bit with the proper fuel, or at least near it anyway i think! Need to look for the lucas soon too.

Back