fuel and road tax

kerry sti

ISDC Club Member
Iknow i often sit on the wall about a lot of things but i wonder if we could be doing anything to get behind truckers about the cost of fuel the price of petrol is gone bonkers ,i was tching the promgramme motor pickers last night and some guy was buying a aston martin 6,0 L V12 the tax was 600 pounds why are we being screwed so much why is it when our government feels like doning a red cape to save the world it has to fu*k us .

Personally I don't agree with what these guys are doing. There are better ways to protest than bringing the entire City to gridlock. Which ironically only leads to people sitting in their vehicles longer stuck in traffic wasting more fuel. It just pisses the ordinary person off and will not get them sympathy. Why not picket outside Leinster House?

These people are not members of the Irish Road Haulage Association who have made a statement saying they don't support this form of protest.

I agree with their thoughts but was not happy trying to get to a funeral Roscommon and 2 trucks blocking the 3 lanes of the m50 the other morning.
must took to the hard shoulder to get past. Was fuming , maybe selfish, maybe not

imo at least they are doing something about it.
most of us aren't happy with the way things are going but won't lift a finger.
Im sick off the way every single time some sh*t happens in the world and the regular
citizens are left to cash the bill. I was filling up the van for about 70 quid weekly now is gone to 90.
60 cent is the price of the fuel, the rest is tax. Well someone had the idea to scrap the car tax and add it to the fuel prices.
Well, why would they do this when they can charge both? Everything is gone up and we still haven't hit the hard recession
which is inevitable as someone has to pay the big pharma tax bill.

Back