Front Wiper issue on my 00 By Legacy

vtiniall

Just a quick question about the issue that I am facing with the Legacy. On a rainy day when I have the wipers on. The drivers side wiper has a tendency to wipe off the windscreen and onto the A Pillar. It is starting to mark the paint now. Any ideas to prevent this ?.

Just a quick question about the issue that I am facing with the Legacy. On a rainy day when I have the wipers on. The drivers side wiper has a tendency to wipe off the windscreen and onto the A Pillar. It is starting to mark the paint now. Any ideas to prevent this ?.
Either you're wiper blade is too long or you're wiper was off and put back on a bit too high to start with

As above . Remove the 12mm bolt under the rubber grommet and move it down a spline ๐Ÿ‘
But it could be you linkage Is worn and need new plastic bushings ๐Ÿ‘ adjust it down first and see

Last edited:
Hey folks, rather than creating a new thread, I have a similar issue on my SG9 forester. The blade nearly hits the A pillar and defintly wipes off the bottom of the windscreen. I reckon the bushes in the linkage are shot. Where would be best to get the linkage or bushes for it?

To be fair, There is alot of play in the wiper arms as well. Is it an easy job to tighten everything up in the linkage as @Ketron mentioned.

Usually a new linkage needed , Subaru dealer or Ali Burrows can order with your chassis number

Id say more than likely nobody will have the linkage for the Legacy though.... Nightmare for parts.

S
Id say more than likely nobody will have the linkage for the Legacy though.... Nightmare for parts.
youโ€™ll definitely be able to get one new or used , some amount of them scrapped after the engine let go

Never followed up on this. That ebay kit solved my problem, was easy enough to fit have the wipers have been working perfectly since.

Good man ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘itโ€™s a simple fix but makes a huge improvement especially in the rain ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Back