Forester STI EJ25 Mapping

is_mise_cormac

Hi guys,

I have an ej25 fsti. The car is mapped for a 97RON using NF octane booster. The exhaust system is standard with the exception of a fujitsubo back box. I'm looking for more noise and I'm looking at a Hayward and Scott straight through centre section to remove the centre silencer. My query though is will the car run rough if it is not mapped for the new centre section? Thanks!

Hi

If your just removing resonater should make no difference to how car runs imo

But removing the resonater will increase the drone when driving can be annoying best advice I can give you is get a different back box [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Will make no difference :thumbsup: Fire it on . Yes gasses will escape a little quicker but will have no real impact on the running of the car

when you say mapped for 97 you mean 95 and booster to get to 97.

or you mean 97 and booster as unless your up north getting 97

Will make no difference :thumbsup: Fire it on . Yes gasses will escape a little quicker but will have no real impact on the running of the car

when you say mapped for 97 you mean 95 and booster to get to 97.

or you mean 97 and booster as unless your up north getting 97
Yes I'm in Cork so running 95 RON fuel boosted to 97 RON with NF octane booster. I was worried I'd get some knocking or some sort of rough running if I didn't map the car to suit the system!

95 isnt even 95 most of the time here closer to 92/93 pure dirt here in good old ireland

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back