Ford Transit Connect L2 (LWB)

The automatic is rare enough Jamie, not a bad box it's kind of on the same vain as a vw dsg box real nice to drive but I'd worry about resale after your finished with it might not be a big market for it. Other thing to remember is servicing cost on the box is high oil and filter change every 60k km and oil is from memory 30-40 a litre X 6-7 litres. Probably best stick with manual

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Thanks Dec.. that's great info and a huge help. Cost of service isn't a big factor as it's run through the company but drive-ability is. Might test drive one if there are any about.

Cheers.

If your knee is fixable, then fix it don't drag it as its only going to get worse, instead of adjusting the van :54:

Dislocated twice and damage to back of knee cap. Don't fancy sorting it at the mo as it'll see me out of action for a month and a half. It's been bad for years.. but worse the last while

The ecu flash I think was around €350.
The reason for going with the base model is really because you will have more of them available, coming back in from fleet lease etc etc.. it tends to be base model that is plentiful.. if buying new it's not going to be a factor for you.

No buying new... gonna look for an 171 ex-demo or a 16 reg in the auctions. Against my principles to buy new!!

May just have to go base model alright depending on whats about.

No buying new... gonna look for an 171 ex-demo or a 16 reg in the auctions. Against my principles to buy new!!

May just have to go base model alright depending on whats about.

Well this one is base, it has the ridiculously small 3rd seat, full bulkhead, Bluetooth hands free, USB dock.
Not sure what else the next spec has in it, the bumpers cost around €300 to get done. It was advised to not jump the 75bhp model up over the 105bhp jump... so it was left at 105bhp. I think my old van was 90bhp, and it would seemed to have more go than this at 105... I'm putting this down to gearing do as I often find myself in 4th thinking I'm in 5th.

Dislocated twice and damage to back of knee cap. Don't fancy sorting it at the mo as it'll see me out of action for a month and a half. It's been bad for years.. but worse the last while

I know what you saying as I dragged mine for 3 years(never a right time to take a month or two off) until it got lot worse to the point I could not walk on that leg anymore and the bottom line is it cost me twice as much for a surgery and twice as much recovery time than if I did it straight away :54:

Back