Fixed Charge Offence Query

nicknack

Petrolheads
How a ya lads,

Got one of these in the post today from the 24th march. just want a bit of advice with this one:

Says i was doing over the speed limit on victoria quay at 16.20 pm, its the one that runs along beside heuston.

My beef is is that i was driving the other way at that time along Wolfe tone quay, heading out of town.

What do yis think i should do?

Heres the google map for yis anyway!!

Thanks

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou....292934&spn=0.021445,0.030727&z=15&iwloc=addr

What you're really asking is could you get away on a technicality as they've given the wrong quay as the location you were caught speeding.

Speed limit is the same for the whole length of the quays so would be risky.

To be honest if it went to court I reckon you'd get 4 points for trying to dodge the fine, unless you're already on 10 points its hardly worth it.

[quote author=STi Brian link=topic=14172.msg175204#msg175204 date=1239026170]
What you're really asking is could you get away on a technicality as they've given the wrong quay as the location you were caught speeding.

To be honest if it went to court I reckon you'd get 4 points for trying to dodge the fine, unless you're already on 10 points its hardly worth it.
[/quote]

on no points as it stands at the minute, but at the same time, its false info they giving out isint it, as i wasnt on that road at the time.

[quote author=nicknack link=topic=14172.msg175206#msg175206 date=1239026807]
[quote author=STi Brian link=topic=14172.msg175204#msg175204 date=1239026170]

[/quote]

on no points as it stands at the minute, but at the same time, its false info they giving out isint it, as i wasnt on that road at the time.
[/quote]

Can you proove you weren't on that road at that time... if so persue it! If not... i'd just take the points and put it behind you!

[quote author=JAMIE-TYPERV6 link=topic=14172.msg175207#msg175207 date=1239026944]

Can you proove you weren't on that road at that time... if so persue it! If not... i'd just take the points and put it behind you!
[/quote]

Well i was coming from a school in stephens green when it finished and i had my boss with me in the car so i dunno would that be enough proof, school could say what time they finished at(was working there) and boss could say where we were going???

[quote author=Sweetcakes link=topic=14172.msg175211#msg175211 date=1239027148]
If you were heading out of town, then you were on Victoria quay so they are correct :ponder2: :ponder2: :ponder2:
[/quote]

check out the google map i put up!

ya heading out of town, its victoria quay, Goes around by huston, if you were goin too town it would be wolfe tone quay.

[quote author=nicknack link=topic=14172.msg175212#msg175212 date=1239027209]
[quote author=Sweetcakes link=topic=14172.msg175211#msg175211 date=1239027148]
If you were heading out of town, then you were on Victoria quay so they are correct :ponder2: :ponder2: :ponder2:
[/quote]

check out the google map i put up!
[/quote]

Check again dude... Out of town is victoria quay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :icon_rolleyes: :icon_rolleyes:

my bad lads, just looked at it properly! yeah  :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :clap: :clap: :hammerhead: :hammerhead:
:dance: :dance: for you's!!

cheers for pointing it out!

Thread Close Please?

Its not upto you to prove your innocent its upto the Garda to prove your guilty. If they did clock you then they should have a photo of the car on the alleged road.

A mistake in the road name would be enough to have it struck out because they couldn't be sure what else the Garda is mistaken about.

I know a guy that was done for speeding, no insurance, no tax, no licence, not wearing a seatbelt, failure to produce etc. about 10 charges, problem was he was driving a bike :hammerhead: The judge through every charge out :dance:

[quote author=Scoobymaniac link=topic=14172.msg175218#msg175218 date=1239027827]
Its not upto you to prove your innocent its upto the Garda to prove your guilty. If they did clock you then they should have a photo of the car on the alleged road.
[/quote]

They don't send you the photo afaik but they will produce it in court for the judge.

[quote author=Sweetcakes link=topic=14172.msg175220#msg175220 date=1239027992]
[quote author=Scoobymaniac link=topic=14172.msg175218#msg175218 date=1239027827]
[/quote]

Yeah they have a photo of just my reg and bumper on the letter i got!!

[/quote]

They don't send you the photo afaik but they will produce it in court for the judge.

plus by the looks of the picture, they were in the middle of the road somewhere and not at the side

[quote author=nicknack link=topic=14172.msg175221#msg175221 date=1239028104]
Yeah they have a photo of just my reg and bumper on the letter i got!!
[/quote]

The actual photo will be of the complete front of the car, they just cut it down and blow up the reg to show you its your car.

[quote author=Sweetcakes link=topic=14172.msg175220#msg175220 date=1239027992]
[/quote]

Yeah, sorry, thats what I meant. If he wasn't on that road then he'd have nothing to worry about.

Go through every little detail on the sheet-if anything is wrong dont pay. I got a ticket in mallow bout a year back-guard took all my details down from my licence but must have had crap writing-my name is Sean Burke-ticket sent said Sean BurLLe-no such person exists-I never paid-local station got summons to serve me,saw the mistake-threw it in the bin!

when it came in the post did u have to sign for it if not u could do what i did and not pay it and went to court and said i didnt get the first one and it was tossed out of court cause the cop couldnt sayif i got it or not. :653:

Back