First time owner and new member.

CB-GC8

Hello all. I have been a member for a while so it's about time I pulled the finger out and set it up properly. I have always lusted after a classic impreza and I was finally in a position to buy one a few months back. Ended up buying a v4 type r. I have put a few months of work into it and finally got driving it after lock down. Couldn't be happier with it. Anyway looking forward to meeting a chatting to fellow enthusiasts.
Colm

Attachments

• 20200408_181928.jpg
    20200408_181928.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 112
Welcome along man, great looking car ????
Few events coming up over the next while, have a flick through the members section ????

Welcome to the club, great place for anyone with an interest in anything subaru related. Best of luck with the type r, nice car

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Thanks lads. Currently waiting on an appointment with Dave in RSR to remap car fo 95RON. I'm running NF octane booster at the min but still a bit nervous of engine damage. What's your thoughts??

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Welcome , car looks really well , the 3 piece front splitter looks class [emoji1303]

Welcome along Colm :thumbsup: very nice looking type r you have there:clap: look forward to seeing it a a few events around the country :thumbsup: Type r starting to get popular again as a few years ago they were all parked up and it?s great to see them out again :thumbsup:

Thanks lads. Currently waiting on an appointment with Dave in RSR to remap car fo 95RON. I'm running NF octane booster at the min but still a bit nervous of engine damage. What's your thoughts??

All advice seems to be take it handy till mapped but booster should help in any case

Welcome along nice looking car lad
In relation to booster question
It's only really hard driving is where this will come into play normal driving be grand till you get it mapped nf will increase the fuel octane and if it is mapped for higher 97 Ron fuel your doing right by adding it in. It won't do any harm. Mine is mapped for a 100ml of nf per tank I run it all the time as its not a daily driven car. Do you know if it was mapped before by previous owner

Sent from my ELE-L09 using Tapatalk

Thanks lads. What do you class as hard driving cos it's not too easy to drive them slow [emoji1787]. Don't have any history for the car as I'm the first Irish owner since it came from jap land.
Id imagine it's standard as these ECUs can't be mapped. I'm going with ESL to allow me to map.

Welcome to the addiction, lovely to see a standard Type r, with its original bumpers and spoilers etc.

Welcome along, lovely car. If was me, I would use the booster and get it mapped. Discuss with mapper then if you do not want to run the booster.

If Dave is booked out for the mapping, you could try AP in Galway. He can be hard got too, but comes highly recommended

I have Dave booked for 15 or 22 of August, he currently has my ECU sent away to ESL to install the new daughter board. I tried for weeks to get through to AP but I just gave up. Contacted Dave in RSR who was on the ball straight away and I have to say very helpful.
I was thinking of getting it mapped for half a bottle of NF but I don't know is there any point.

Back