fine for non display car tax

KudzSTi

Petrolheads
just got a ticket on the window for a 60 euro fine for non display of car tax :angry1:. the thing is i've sent in the renewal in the post 2 weeks ago and am waiting on the disc. I call the council on Tuesday gone wondering why i hadn't received the disc yet and the lady informed me there is a huge backlog and they are only processing the end of July at the moment.
Surely as this is the case i can tell them to go stuff themselves about the fine :new_2gunsfiring_v1:

This happened me before, after sending off for my tax online. Brought the printed receipt into them along with the fine and they said I'd need a declaration from a commissioner of oaths to say the printed receipt was legit. The fine was then marked as void. I'm sure if you can prove when it was sent off you could probably do the same. Commissioner of oaths cost about €10, rather pay that than €60.

jus did my own online and printed reciept which i intend to stick in window !

surely they couldnt fine me for non display ,,,,, could they !

They can fine you in a public place for non display of road tax.
Best thing to do is to go to your local cop shop and find out who
Issued the ticket.
Try talk to them or call in again when they are on duty with your
Reciept that you printed off.
The guard should drop the fine then :thumbsup:

[quote author=Tommy 555 link=topic=31333.msg360333#msg360333 date=1313853120]
parking wardens can issue them as well ,
[/quote]

yeah that's the way i got mine

you will have to appeal to your local authority I think
is the info for appeal not on your ticket ?
i would think you will get a refund as you will be able to prove your car does have road tax
and the issue is only failiure to display as you are waiting on a tax disc from the tax office

[quote author=Kudz link=topic=31333.msg360361#msg360361 date=1313867939]
[quote author=Tommy 555 link=topic=31333.msg360333#msg360333 date=1313853120]
parking wardens can issue them as well ,
[/quote]

yeah that's the way i got mine
[/quote]

Back