Feckin Insurance Companies.......

Smurf

Middle Lane Hogs
well folks..!!

havent been on in a while..!! hope all y'all are well back home..!

so, i got a letter from me insurance people, eventually..!! car was nicked back in june..!

get this, i paid 15k for the car, put an arm and a leg into it, had it insured for 13k fully comp, then i had it sold for 12k just waiting for the lad to get money together, then it was knicked, and today they have the cheek to offer me 8k..???? :angry1: :angry1: :angry1:

what the hell is the point if insuring your car for a decent value when they are goin to come back and make a pissy offer like that..?? i'll be ringin them tomoro to tell them exactly where to stick their offer.! :new_2gunsfiring_v1:

has anyone else here had a similar experience with this.? what rights do i have if any to get most of my insurance money back..? is there any laws on this..?

thanks for any advice and help

smurf

:subaru:

Know how you feel mate,had my old leggy insured for 15k and when i had the crash i can't remember the exact amount but it was around 10k what they were offerin to pay out,i'm afraid that all you will get is the book value for the car,you can talk to them till your blue in the face but i doubt that they'll budge on that figure,sorry mate

That's bollix! Why do they let you insure your car what ever value you want, charge you for it and then only give you their "book value". Robbin ba$tards!! This country is a joke!! :angry1:

Its the exact same when you declaire any modifications such as alloys, exhaust, performance stuff. Then if anything happens they pay out for standard stuff :ponder:
Why would you bother, Sorry to hear this Smurf.

Thats sh1te!! :angry1: Will they ever stop screwing us over!? They make a fortune out of us...charge us extortionate rates to drive our cars bacause they know we'll pay and then when it comes to the crunch they stick a knife in our back :angry1: :angry1:

I agree HIWD, it is a joke!!

I am a broker. I advise you to dispute the offer. The best way to show the true value of your car is to send the insurer adverts on carzone or autotrader etc with the prices for similar cars. If the average is higher than the price offered they will tend to ammend it. If you have any photos of your car showing that it is in better than average condition and had a higher spec this will also help. You DO NOT have to accept their offer and if you can prove the value of your car they will have to prove otherwise

hey,

I've just spoken top them, they said i have to provide "disputing eveidence" that my car was worth more than what their " engineer " said it was..??

@andymorgans : yeah what the lad said was to get some pages of cbg etc to show that my car was more than standard and thay are actually in the cbg.ie for 11k for nice ones and i would have put mine in the clean/excellent condition catagory...?

As said before, why the hell are they allowed to take money from us and then fall on their part..?? is it not a contract between a company and a customer to say that i am paying "x" amount of insurance for my car and they agree on it..?? if they do not think the car is worth the value they should say from the start..?

seems theres no point in buying a nice car for osmeone to either vandalise or steal coz its a waste of time tryin to get money from them..?

not a happy camper... :angry1: :angry1:

thanks for all your comments....i'll kepp yiz informed....

slan

smurf

:subaru:

Its the same when you insure your house,you insure it for the cost of rebuilding and not what some estate agent tells you.You can save a lot of dough and still have adequate cover

Back