Factory xenon to LED conversion (newage)

Colmr555

Anyone ever use this kit or similar to convert factory xenons to LED?

Xenon dips in my hawkeye are terrible. Gave 100eu for new phillips bulbs last year and no improvement. Halogen fulls are great.

@hassen27 done a fairly class conversion on his blob. Be worth shooting him a message.
All the details are on his blog but that's in the full members section 👍

I was looking at this recently....
Having done a fair bit of research, it seems that the led equivalent for d2s hid are not really worth it- i.e. the light output is not as strong, and the d2s projector lens is not really suitable for LEDs as the cut off is piss poor with led
Google D2s to led conversion and a well known and respected manufacturer of light retrofit kits etc has a great video on YouTube where they take several different types of LEDs equivalent bulbs and do side by side comparison and you can see what actually happens. It's very informative. After watching this, I shelved the idea of LEDs.
I'm not saying don't do it, but the result is poorer light output.
If your not happy with the brightness of your lamps check the lens for discoloration and hazing/craking and try rectify them if the lens are weathered. I changed the lens on my headlights not too long ago and the difference is staggering ( my lens were not too bad, but were weathered)
There not cheap but I would 💯% recommend going this route if you can still order the lens.
Don't bother with Carroll and Roche about ordering them..... Try another dealer. I got mine up North.
Finally get either Philips nighbreaker or ozram have a new bulb out which is even brighter than the nighbreaker bulb.

The only working solution that passes an Nct is a kit from Retrofit Lab where you can get either a Xenon or a newer Led kit. I have had both and recently went with the Led kit. It's a bit of work to get it done right but well worth the time and effort 😊

PXL_20230822_164441255.jpg

Also it performs really well with a huge difference in light output vs standard bulbs. It brings the car into the current technological age 😊

Dont seem to do a kit for hawkeyes unfortunately
Another option could be to try and source a JDM set of xenon Hawk eye headlights and retrofit them in yours. They usually come with everything and would just need rewiring. I haven't done that myself but I think it would be possible to.

Another option could be to try and source a JDM set of xenon Hawk eye headlights and retrofit them in yours. They usually come with everything and would just need rewiring. I haven't done that myself but I think it would be possible to.

Is there any difference in the jdm and uk xenons? my car has xenons from factory and they just seem to have degraded over time.

Could be worth polishing the lenses as Ben has said just to see does that help, worst case theyll look better atleast.

jdm cars had hid lights fitted not sure any uk cars came with them . It’s basically just a different gas in the bulb . Should have an an orange sticker on the top of the lense under the bonnet .
Hid dip lights in a hawk and not poor , are your bulbs or ballets bad
You also must remember that if your getting out of a 2022 car the 2006 car if way behind in light terms .

Back