Exhaust Sound

BazGF8

OG Wagan
ISDC Club Member
Well lads,

I have GT2 spec stainless steel headers, harvey up pipe , full decatted 3" exhaust straight through to the rear silencer . Its a quiet exhaust while tipping about and loud enough when putting the boot down , but there is a rasp from it that I really am not a fan of since fitting the stainless headers. Is there a way of getting rid of that rasp? A resonator maybe ?

Yeah, a resonator can take that out Baz... however best to go to a place where they can listen to it and then make up a resonator specifically to take that frequency out - the length of the resonator takes out specific frequency - else you could end up fitting generic one which takes out another part of the soundtrack, but ends up leaving the bit you don't want.

[quote author=Keadeen link=topic=42338.msg485015#msg485015 date=1406651403]
Yeah, a resonator can take that out Baz... however best to go to a place where they can listen to it and then make up a resonator specifically to take that frequency out - the length of the resonator takes out specific frequency - else you could end up fitting generic one which takes out another part of the soundtrack, but ends up leaving the bit you don't want.
[/quote]

:ponder2: ok

Hard to know where to bring it. I know my system (jetex slip jointed) is very similar to the mongoose system which has a resonator in the centre section just after the downpipe,might be worth a look at that system

Back