Exhaust on the way out. Were to get new one.

moro_46

Sunday Drivers
Ive had the b4 a few months now and the exhaust has seen better days i think! I have already had a section welded up as all dat was holding it together was the heat shield at one point! Now the noise is bak again as if its running a bit rough. A bit of the casing decided to coome off a few weeks ago and its also rattling. I have been using e5 so the engine is fine but i think its time i splashed out and gave the car a bit of a re-vamp!! Were can i get a decent system for a 01 B4 and not for insane money! any help appreciated. thanks

Are you looking for a replacement standard system? Or are you looking to splash out a few quid on either a full decat from turbo back or maybe just a cat back system (centre section and backbox)?

[quote author=Celtic03 link=topic=32419.msg371531#msg371531 date=1322690012]
would the b4 pass the nct if it had a centre section decat?? would the one cat do the job for the nct
[/quote]

Either one on their own will do the job for the nct. Its handy just to put the standard centre section back in as I had a full decat on mine so was very easy just to stick back on the centre section, less than 20 mins on a set of axle stands :thumbsup:

i am willin to spend a small bit on a decat!! but i think the hole system needs replacing its very rusty! barru breakers have a complete one for 159€ standard

You certainly won't get a full decat or even part decat for that price. Probably looking €4-500 just for a cat back.

Check the prices on hayward and scott, if you wanted to get a centre section from them, then i have a brand new H&S backbox to mate up with it here for you :icon_biggrin:

The garage that usually looks after my car wont fit a second hand exhaust which is understanable incase its just as bad so i think in the next couple of weeks ill be purchasing the hayward and scott decat!! is there a significant noise increase???

I have a backbox here for you then so :icon_grin: .. brand new unused, it'll save you a fair bit over buying from them. That way you'll only need the centre section and downpipe :thumbsup:

No thats fine its just the center section i think.its goin to the garage 2moro anyway for a servicve and i think my f*****g radiator is gone now..the joys of having a subaru

In that case, then you might be better just to get the centre section decat. Make sure to ask for a standard replacement rather than a straight through decat. The standard replacement has a narrowing where it meets the backbox and thats what you'll need if thats what you have at the moment :thumbsup:

Back