Engine light

Pablo85

Sunday Drivers
Impreza
Version 6
My 00 STI

Hi all

Has anybody ever experienced the following symptoms with a classic Impreza,I?d appreciate the feedback as my head is absolutely mashed with it at this stage!!

Since I have owned the car 3.5 years this has been a mystery, I drive the car for 20 -30 mins and the engine light comes on ,when I come to a stop at the lights or junction the car will ever so slightly shudder then the light goes out!! Have had it read on diagnostics several times showing no codes.

Over the last few months I had codes for the following so I can eliminate them from the above paragraph if that helps.

Knock sensor- replaced
Afm -replaced
O2 sensor- replaced

Thanks in advance
Paul

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

connect it to proper diagnostics - the cheaper diags will only read actual faults that are currently on - proper diag will read the memory and will show you all errors that appeared through the time, even if temporary codes.

Its a long shot, but could be neutral switch sensor on gearbox, on my 02 wrx this used to happen, I didnt get the shrudder as you are describing, but always came as misfire error codes, even though there was no misfire.

connect it to proper diagnostics - the cheaper diags will only read actual faults that are currently on - proper diag will read the memory and will show you all errors that appeared through the time, even if temporary codes.

Its a long shot, but could be neutral switch sensor on gearbox, on my 02 wrx this used to happen, I didnt get the shrudder as you are describing, but always came as misfire error codes, even though there was no misfire.

Thanks Zheiko
At one point I?ve had the car in a Subaru dealership on diagnostics and they couldn?t find the fault and various other garages.
Have reset the ecu manually also.
It doesn?t affect the performance of the car but I?d love to know what?s the root cause is [emoji85][emoji85][emoji85]

yea, with the neutral switch it had no effect on performance whatsoever as well, the car just kept pushing, just started flashing CEL and then disappeared. Its easy fix, afaik it was less than 100 at carrol and roche for the sensor and labour

I had a bit of bother with faulty neutral switch when getting mapped threw up a cel light came on even after reset. All sorted now but didn?t notice any shudder when it was gone. Purpose of switch is to let ecu know that it?s changing gears and so it can adjust timing to prevent knock.
Maybe someone might have obd2 Bluetooth to read it live on app

Ps was that you I seen on the m1 yesterday heading for tunnel I gave a beep wasn?t sure weather you seen me

Ps was that you I seen on the m1 yesterday heading for tunnel I gave a beep wasn?t sure weather you seen me

Cheers for the reply?s Gary will look into the neutral switch some time this week.
That was me indeed you?re car looked sweet on the move [emoji108][emoji108]

Cheers for the reply?s Gary will look into the neutral switch some time this week.
That was me indeed you?re car looked sweet on the move [emoji108][emoji108]

I thought it was you alright great to see another scooby on the road
My faulty neutral switch kept light on till it was changed and reset. it doesn?t reset itself I don?t think if gone I?d say a live reading is way to go as you should be able to read it when light pops on

I thought it was you alright great to see another scooby on the road
My faulty neutral switch kept light on till it was changed and reset. it doesn?t reset itself I don?t think if gone I?d say a live reading is way to go as you should be able to read it when light pops on

Always a good buzz when you see another scooby on the road, yea I?ll get the ecu read properly first then replace it,if needs beI?d say the AICV could do with a clean too ,its a fault that has popped up before but no major issues like rough idle or anything.

Back